Author Topic: AH III mission  (Read 1114 times)

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
AH III mission
« on: August 31, 2016, 05:03:39 PM »
This is my first AH III mission.  Three sets of heavy allied fighters and two wingman pairs of Axis fighters.  Let me know if you have any problems.  Craterma terrain and available to download from the server if you don't want to use the mission editor to edit or create the mission from the attached .mis file.  No briefing.  Any feedback on whether or not I should include briefing?

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
Re: AH III mission
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 09:37:11 AM »
These are mostly the same mission with different spawn points.  ia=in air spawn, hv=heavy, ft=fighter, nav=naval target, vb=vehicle base target, mf=medium field target and sf=small field target.  iahvftvb means a mission with in air spawn, heavy fighters and a vehicle base target.  Three sets of allied fighters and 2 wingman pair of axis fighters and the naval one includes a flight of TBM's at 3000 feet if you want to try a torpedo.  Craterma terrain.  Using the mission arena settings should set the ack to minimum.  All available for download from the server or to use in a custom arena.  Note that the attached are .mis files and they have to be opened with the mission editor.  Hope this will help the transition.

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 09:04:20 AM »
This is the naval target mission with bombers instead of heavy fighters.  I am having trouble getting the #2 and #3 AI planes to fly formation with the #1 player pilot.  The all AI formations are perfect.  Note that the AI #2 and #3 in your formation will drop when your #1 drops, but will drop all ords regardless of your salvo/delay settings which is a flaw in the bomber staged missions.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 09:13:59 AM by mustng2 »

Offline TerryRF

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 02:25:02 PM »
I've got them mustng2. Your first one works well.  No need for briefing.

Will get back to you after trying the rest. Very good practice for everyone. Thanks for your efforts.

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 04:40:47 PM »
Spent a while doing a bomber mission with an in air spawn with problems with the aircraft spawning in and then circling.  As near as I can determine, the first way point and segment does not register as flight orders and the aircraft were circling waiting for orders.  The cure appears to be make the first segment and way point very short (30 seconds or less) so the aircraft get orders for heading speed etc very shortly after the spawn.  I redid the bomber mission with that change and got better results.  Does not seem to be as much of a problem with fighters for some reason.