Author Topic: AH III initial settings  (Read 688 times)

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
AH III initial settings
« on: August 24, 2016, 08:47:34 AM »
When you first start AH 3, the field of view (FOV) is not what you are used to in AH 2.  You will probably want to change it to something like 110.  You do this on the video settings on the first clipboard when you launch the game.  Also the font settings will need to be adjusted...these didn't carry over when I imported from AH2.
Every time a Nit vulches,  an angel get it's wings.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: AH III initial settings
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 01:01:37 PM »
When you first start AH 3, the field of view (FOV) is not what you are used to in AH 2.  You will probably want to change it to something like 110.  You do this on the video settings on the first clipboard when you launch the game.  Also the font settings will need to be adjusted...these didn't carry over when I imported from AH2.

The new default view for AH3 is FOV 80, some have changed it to 106 to better reflect AH2's FOV.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 02:45:53 PM »
For the FOV in AH3 to be same as the AH2 FOV of 106,    what should the FOV in AH3 be set to?

:salute
"I have really only one simple rule,
Give more to the game than you take away."
Zoney  December 23, 2009  ahbbs
--------------------------------------------------
<Salute> Pipz    September 27, 2017   RIP

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 03:02:33 PM »
Set AH3 to 106 and it will will be the same as AH2
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 03:49:29 PM »
Another notable difference is that the default AH3 forward view is tilted down slightly to show more of the instrument panel, resulting in less external view, especially with the 80-degree FOV.

To adjust back to the AH2 default forward view, you can hit the Home key (which is mapped to F11 on my imported mappings from AH2)  and press F10 to save that view.  As always, you can still adjust the forward view up and down as you like with the Page Up and Page Down keys and hit F10 to save.  Then, if using hat-switch views, you can always map a button combination or hat direction to look "forward down" to better see your instrument panel. 

Forward hat switch (number key 8) now defaults to an "over the nose" view.  This too can be adjusted using the page keys and arrow keys and F10 to save the view.

For those with frame-rate issues, bear in mind that a narrower FOV may improve FR some as less is being drawn on the screen.  Personally I prefer the wider 106-degree FOV and have dropped some of the graphics options down to improve frame rates (as is covered in several other threads).

<S>
Kingpin
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 03:55:36 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.