Author Topic: Padlock issue  (Read 631 times)

Offline Guile

• Zinc Member
Padlock issue
« on: August 26, 2016, 07:18:24 PM »
I use panning padlock and in AH2, it would track enemy targets through the HUD sights smoothly.  Now in AH3, it seems to stop panning when the enemy target goes behind the HUD glass. Can that be fixed by making the HUD not interfere with panning padlock like a real POV from a pilots eye focus?

Check the difference between AH2 and AH3.  In 3, you can actually lose the lock/view/target if zoomed a bit too.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Padlock issue
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 07:19:58 PM »
What plane?

Offline Guile

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 08:05:45 PM »
So far all of them I've flown. P38, P47, P51, Typhoon, Spitfires.  When the padlocked target gets near the center forward view, it stops tracking and hold the position until the tracked target comes out of the center. I assumed it was the HUD/Sights that were blocking the tracking like the wings or back of the seat. I use padlock a lot in combat and this is really annoying.  I'm sure it's just a graphics issue with the new reflections, shadows, etc.

Offline Guile

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 02:13:59 PM »
Any news on this bug?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 05:10:21 PM »
Any news on this bug?

You may want to repost this in the Pre-release Patch 3 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports thread. That is where Hitech keeps track of the issues. He doesn't keep checking other threads. It may be why there is no update.