Author Topic: Thanks to Bustr...BUT...  (Read 934 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Thanks to Bustr...BUT...
« on: August 27, 2016, 02:43:00 AM »
Ok, now that Bustr showed me how to adjust my graphics card to display the full spectrum of colors, I have a new issue/ question. I now notice that the horizon on the current map is fairly thick and a whole lot of haze. I still get the hard lines that look like a wall /box coming out of clouds and night time. So  I ask, is the haze on horizon the same monster? Could be I guess as you cant fly through it or under like you can with clouds. Just curious and its no great deal! So with that being asked ...Thank you BUSTR! I was missing a lot not having my colors dialed in!  :aok

Even though I owe him one, I still feel the need to ask this as well. What kind of BBQ rub/sauce goes best with pork!!!??? I know, I know..."Come get some" and fairly certain you would deliver the opportunity. LOL  :devil
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Thanks to Bustr...BUT...
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 04:34:01 AM »
More then likely the haze you are seeing is an arena setting to help with some folks' graphics. The shorter the distance you can see the better your video card might run. At least that's the way it was in AH2.

You can test this offline by tweaking the fog setting under Ranges in the arena settings.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 12:50:08 PM »
Never use sauce when you BBQ. It burns so use sauce after cooked. Use a rub before placing on pit. If you do not make your own, I suggest Fiesta brand Brisket Rub. This can be used on beef, pork, and chicken.

Key thing to remember when cooking meat.... do not overcook. When you remove it from the pit it will continue cooking for awhile due to temperature.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 03:05:14 PM »
Unless you are looking for authentic smoke flavor in pulled pork, you can simmer the pork butt for about 3 hours in a stock pot until it just starts to pull apart, adding smoke flavor in the last hour. It will fall apart like smoked or slow roasted, and the fat will be that gooy goodness. Pull it into shreds, mix with your favorite BBQ sauce, and it tastes the same as slow cooked. If you put 1\2 cup of thyme in the water it will enhance the smokiness and then use the simmering stock after to make split pea soup. You can do this with inexpensive hams and they will be very moist and savory.

Simmering is a very old English way of cooking ham or butt. They would make a honey meade glaze with mustard. Coat the simmered ham or butt, then bake for 30min to glaze it on.   
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 03:34:01 PM »
Bustr. "Authentic smoke flavor" doesn't come from boiled meat. This is blasphemy.

Sayin

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 04:46:56 PM »
Didn't know there was a setting for fog in arena settings! Cool, good to know! As far as the BBQ...was more a question about Bustr's particular kind of PORK lol Never BBQed a Pig on The Wing,much lol :evil:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 04:57:44 PM »
Never use sauce when you BBQ. It burns so use sauce after cooked. Use a rub before placing on pit. If you do not make your own, I suggest Fiesta brand Brisket Rub. This can be used on beef, pork, and chicken.

Key thing to remember when cooking meat.... do not overcook. When you remove it from the pit it will continue cooking for awhile due to temperature.

Put on the BBQ sauce 1 hour before pulling the meat off the smoker. Give or take a few depending on temp. The higher your temperature the shorter the time your sauce should be on. I base my time on a temp of around 225 - 250 degrees
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 05:37:00 PM »
Ok, now that Bustr showed me how to adjust my graphics card to display the full spectrum of colors,

I can't find this thread - could someone please post a link? Will it make everything look a little less pastel in AH3? Or is the pastel shade of everything by design?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 05:46:50 PM by Crash Orange »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 02:29:53 AM »
Hope that works for you, like it did me! I am running a pretty small POV setting and one notch of resolution below monitors native setting. This put a lot of details a bit closer, and the washed out look really looked nasty. Sorry I didn't add the link when I posted this. Never thought about it :bhead

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2016, 06:53:46 AM »
Bustr. "Authentic smoke flavor" doesn't come from boiled meat. This is blasphemy.

Sayin

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Amen.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2016, 07:15:06 AM »
Ok, now that Bustr showed me how to adjust my graphics card to display the full spectrum of colors, I have a new issue/ question. I now notice that the horizon on the current map is fairly thick and a whole lot of haze. I still get the hard lines that look like a wall /box coming out of clouds and night time. So  I ask, is the haze on horizon the same monster? Could be I guess as you cant fly through it or under like you can with clouds. Just curious and its no great deal! So with that being asked ...Thank you BUSTR! I was missing a lot not having my colors dialed in!  :aok

Even though I owe him one, I still feel the need to ask this as well. What kind of BBQ rub/sauce goes best with pork!!!??? I know, I know..."Come get some" and fairly certain you would deliver the opportunity. LOL  :devil

On the ground everything looks as clear as can be. But...
Im also noticing a haze which is ok for distances such as the horizon but also shows up relatively closely as well once I gain any sort of alt.
Im seeing this even with my detail settings maxed out.

In a fight I am finding this somewhat disorienting (for lack of a better term) and its hard to get a crisp view of my target which is made even harder by the softer colors and shapes of aircraft

Its funny because looking down at the ground everything looks fine, actually the higher I go the more realistic the ground looks. Its in the horizontal that this "fog" effect seems to be the most pronounced
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2016, 03:31:22 PM »
YES! Exactly what I was talking about! Its doable...just looks weird. :aok

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2016, 04:43:06 PM »
On the ground everything looks as clear as can be. But...
Im also noticing a haze which is ok for distances such as the horizon but also shows up relatively closely as well once I gain any sort of alt.
Im seeing this even with my detail settings maxed out.

In a fight I am finding this somewhat disorienting (for lack of a better term) and its hard to get a crisp view of my target which is made even harder by the softer colors and shapes of aircraft

Its funny because looking down at the ground everything looks fine, actually the higher I go the more realistic the ground looks. Its in the horizontal that this "fog" effect seems to be the most pronounced

So you want AH2 back? Turn off post lighting and you will get uber AH2 graphics.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing