Author Topic: AMD Card users  (Read 439 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
AMD Card users
« on: August 28, 2016, 07:59:20 AM »
Bustr posted a link and my squad mate pointed it out on color.  It is a good size article and complicated but AMD users have an easy fix to the cartoon colors in ah3. 

On AMD settings you will find under display a slider called "over scan" and is the key to improved ah3 colors.  Slide this slider to the right.  Your screen display shrinks a little but the colors make a notable improvement making ah3 much more enjoyable.  You can alt-tab out to try different setting to see what works for you.

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
Re: AMD Card users
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 05:23:56 PM »
Bustr posted a link and my squad mate pointed it out on color.  It is a good size article and complicated but AMD users have an easy fix to the cartoon colors in ah3. 

On AMD settings you will find under display a slider called "over scan" and is the key to improved ah3 colors.  Slide this slider to the right.  Your screen display shrinks a little but the colors make a notable improvement making ah3 much more enjoyable.  You can alt-tab out to try different setting to see what works for you.

Hi Randy1,

Would you post link or point me to the thread where the link is located?
Appreciate it.

I've checked Radeon Settings from high to low & have not found a slider for over scan in Crimson 16.8.2 drivers.

Is this setting in the old Catalyst Control Center using the old Catalyst drivers?

If so then this would explain why I haven't found it..........

Will keep looking.................

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 05:35:26 PM »
Hi Randy1,

Appreciate it.

I've checked Radeon Settings from high to low & have not found a slider for over scan in Crimson 16.8.2 drivers.

Is this setting in the old Catalyst Control Center using the old Catalyst drivers?

Here is the link from Bustr.

Read this:

https://pcmonitors.info/articles/correcting-hdmi-colour-on-nvidia-and-amd-gpus/

AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 06:48:24 PM »
Here is the link from Bustr.

Thanks, BowHTR!

Ah OK, I use DisplayPort instead of HDMI so thus the reason why I don't see it in Radeon Settings\Radeon Additional Settings\Crimson 16.8.2 drivers as w\ a DisplayPort capable monitor (I use an Asus MG279Q Gaming Monitor) and Displayport 1.2 (or higher) cable connecting the 2 this setting isn't necessary and this setting is not made available.

This is a good reason to go w\ DisplayPort connection w\ AMD vid cards if your monitor has a port for DisplayPort cable connection......

« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 07:11:34 PM by Pudgie »
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 09:02:47 PM »
Hi Randy1,

Appreciate it.

it's the HMDI scaling in the display section for crimson I think, use to caleed overscan/underscan in catalyst