Author Topic: Going Live  (Read 2162 times)

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
Going Live
« on: August 30, 2016, 07:28:48 AM »
Any update on the going live date? I assume we are now in week 2 of the 2 week period?

Terry

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: Going Live
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 08:03:32 AM »
At the very least, HiTech is waiting on Skuzzy to return from his vaycay before going "live".  So at the EARLIEST, it'll be when Skuzzy gets back.  Don't be surprised (or pissy :P) if it's a week after he gets back that it goes live, in case they need to hammer out any major issues discovered during this time. :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 08:03:51 AM »
I would guess that Skuzzy's vacation started yesterday on Monday. Keep in mind that it will most likely be longer than 2 weeks before final release.

it will be at least 2 weeks of pre release testing AHIII. Roy will be on vacation for 2 weeks , and I don't care to go live with out him here.

HiTEch
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 01:47:22 PM »
The problem is our low number of players are now split with about half in ah2 and half in ah3 during prime time.  I had thought as the numbers kept rising in ah3, ah2 would all but be abandoned.  As  of last night, the split between ah2 and ah3 seems to have stalled at about 50-50.

All too often, if two countries get heavily engaged, the third country gets left out.  This is exasperated by the split between ah2 and ah3

If you have squad mates or player friends encourage them to switch to ah3.  The more we have testing the better the feedback to htc.

I would hate to lose new players to boring play.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 02:34:35 PM »
The problem is our low number of players are now split with about half in ah2 and half in ah3 during prime time.  I had thought as the numbers kept rising in ah3, ah2 would all but be abandoned.  As  of last night, the split between ah2 and ah3 seems to have stalled at about 50-50.

All too often, if two countries get heavily engaged, the third country gets left out.  This is exasperated by the split between ah2 and ah3

If you have squad mates or player friends encourage them to switch to ah3.  The more we have testing the better the feedback to htc.

I would hate to lose new players to boring play.

The split I saw the other night was AH3: 80ish vs AH2: 30ish. If I remember correctly, there was close to 110ish in AH3 Sunday night.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 02:44:21 PM »
ah2 is as dead as dead.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 03:01:56 PM »
The split I saw the other night was AH3: 80ish vs AH2: 30ish. If I remember correctly, there was close to 110ish in AH3 Sunday night.

When i signed off ah3 at 9:30 pm eastern time last night, there were more in ah2 than ah3. 

There are a lot of things to get use to in ah3.  Ah2 bunch will be behind on the learning curve.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 03:05:32 PM by Randy1 »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 03:11:12 PM »
I would hate to loose Hitech after 3 years due to his none stop development programing if you really want the man to cut us permanently over to AH3 and he is the only person fielding whines, bugs, and supporting his infrastructure. By now everyone knows AHIII is loaded and waiting to go permanent as soon as Skuzzy gets back. They are choosing to drag out AH2 to the bitter end. Give Hitech a break....Go live is going to take everything he's got just like every go live since the beginning.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 03:43:08 PM »
Right now, heading towards the end of Euro primetime, it's 75 AH2  vs 32 AH 3. Most of the time I check the arenas the ratio is hovering between 2:1 and 3:2 (AH2vsAH3), except for the (euro) morning/noon (US late night) where it's occasionally getting close to about 1:1, but on a very low level (like 12 players each).
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 04:44:15 PM »
Those hanging on to AHII are in for a rude awakening. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2016, 09:44:23 AM »
I see Skuzzy posting so welcome back. Are we going live next week?

Terry

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2016, 09:50:01 AM »
Probably about 2 weeks.

Its a safe bet so you dont get your hopes to high.

:old:

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2016, 10:28:01 AM »
Probably about 2 weeks.

Its a safe bet so you dont get your hopes to high.

:old:

I read that someone said Hitech was in the arena the other day and they are shooting for this week for going live.

Offline A8Hunter

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2016, 02:03:30 PM »
Well, I tried it. To be short, I hope you keep AHII around for a while. 12 years playing and I guess change is too hard. I downloaded the game, opened it, and felt like I just stepped back into 1989. For all it's improvements, and bless you all for working so hard on this, it really is a huge step back.
Let me do nothing to bring shame or disgrace on my family, my comrades, my unit, my country. Let me conduct myself in such a manner that there is no dishonor. Let me not be wasted, but if I die, let me die like a soldier should.

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2016, 02:13:13 PM »
Well, I tried it. To be short, I hope you keep AHII around for a while. 12 years playing and I guess change is too hard. I downloaded the game, opened it, and felt like I just stepped back into 1989. For all it's improvements, and bless you all for working so hard on this, it really is a huge step back.
I too feel the same, other than I know 2 won't be around. So I'm trying to like it, but I just don't.. I have had a week off work an I couldn't be bothered to play due to fov's, laser like sun, nearly invisible tanks, lack of people.
Don't get me wrong I want to have fun in the sky, but its just not fun currently. I liked the ETO mission we had before the best and its currently gone. I feel like I have a void that needs filling and the MA currently is not cutting it.