Author Topic: Going Live  (Read 2160 times)

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
Re: Going Live
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2016, 02:14:40 PM »
Well, I tried it. To be short, I hope you keep AHII around for a while. 12 years playing and I guess change is too hard. I downloaded the game, opened it, and felt like I just stepped back into 1989. For all it's improvements, and bless you all for working so hard on this, it really is a huge step back.

Prolly your graphics settings. If its looking great to ~90%, chances are its your settings or your computer cant run it.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2016, 02:16:02 PM »
Well, I tried it. To be short, I hope you keep AHII around for a while. 12 years playing and I guess change is too hard. I downloaded the game, opened it, and felt like I just stepped back into 1989. For all it's improvements, and bless you all for working so hard on this, it really is a huge step back.

It makes you feel younger?   :D

What's the problem?

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2016, 02:19:17 PM »
due to fov's, laser like sun, nearly invisible tanks, lack of people.

You can change your FOV. I'd say the sun is realistically bright. Tanks blend in with the terrain, as they should. I've been seeing 80-100+ past few days.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2016, 02:27:33 PM »
I too feel the same, other than I know 2 won't be around. So I'm trying to like it, but I just don't.. I have had a week off work an I couldn't be bothered to play due to fov's, laser like sun, nearly invisible tanks, lack of people.
Don't get me wrong I want to have fun in the sky, but its just not fun currently. I liked the ETO mission we had before the best and its currently gone. I feel like I have a void that needs filling and the MA currently is not cutting it.

Keep in mind that nobody is playing AH3 yet. It hasn't been released. Everyone is still testing a pre-release version. You can still fly the ETO mission offline in the current version if you saved the mission file from the beta. It still has enough action to kill your framerate near the bomber box which may be why it's not currently offered.

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2016, 04:33:27 PM »
You can change your FOV. I'd say the sun is realistically bright. Tanks blend in with the terrain, as they should. I've been seeing 80-100+ past few days.
ya I have changes my fov to what looks best for me. I still don't like it. The sun, as "realistic," is nice at first, but I assure you it will get old fast not seeing 20℅ of your limited view. And I guess I'm old I rember the days of 250+ guys hashing it out.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2016, 04:40:16 PM »
ya I have changes my fov to what looks best for me. I still don't like it. The sun, as "realistic," is nice at first, but I assure you it will get old fast not seeing 20℅ of your limited view. And I guess I'm old I rember the days of 250+ guys hashing it out.

Don't get me wrong, our numbers are down compared to when we had the 2 main arenas (orange and blue?), one would almost always be maxed and the other would have ~100ish. Then there was Titanic Tuesday! We can only due our part to help the community grow by helping pay the bills and encouraging new players.