Author Topic: Graphics not clear for me  (Read 3435 times)

Offline FGBullet

• Copper Member
Re: Graphics not clear for me
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2016, 10:12:39 PM »
Thanks Chalenge. I'll give those settings a try tomorrow and report back.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2016, 01:17:59 AM »
FGBullet, like Chalenge I'm not up on AMD cpu's. The clock rate looks ok, but I don't know if the game can use all of its cores. You should be able to check it in the Task Manager when the game is running (Alt+Tab out of the game, right click the Task Bar, choose Task Manager).

Another thing I noticed that your Page File usage is on the high side. That often means you have a lot of background processes running and consuming your RAM. 4 GB is on the edge of being enough but you might find doubling it worth the investment (if your motherboard can take it, and I believe it should).

So, if your CPU only uses one core for AH and you have a lot of background activity further stressing it, it just may be possible that your video card can't get enough information to work at its best.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2016, 02:40:58 AM »
Something that may be a big help is the official driver for your specific Samsung model (I believe this is it):

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/LS27C230BS/ZA
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline FGBullet

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2016, 04:50:14 PM »
I plan to double the memory and the motherboard can take it. I also downloaded Razer Cortex and it's stopping 13 programs from loading and saving about 700mb of ram.

Appreciate the help Bizman.

FGBullet, like Chalenge I'm not up on AMD cpu's. The clock rate looks ok, but I don't know if the game can use all of its cores. You should be able to check it in the Task Manager when the game is running (Alt+Tab out of the game, right click the Task Bar, choose Task Manager).

Another thing I noticed that your Page File usage is on the high side. That often means you have a lot of background processes running and consuming your RAM. 4 GB is on the edge of being enough but you might find doubling it worth the investment (if your motherboard can take it, and I believe it should).

So, if your CPU only uses one core for AH and you have a lot of background activity further stressing it, it just may be possible that your video card can't get enough information to work at its best.

Offline FGBullet

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2016, 04:52:50 PM »
Applied the settings you suggested and am hitting 45+ FPS. Definitely helped for sure.

Thanks!

I think you would get better performance if you turned Env off, moved the sliders to about halfway. You could probably turn everything on the left flyout back on, including post lighting (that's where the AA is). You can still disable clutter in flight if you like. If your frames are two low with all that on, then disabling shadows should give most of anything you lose back, but I think your FPS will hit 45-50 if you set it like I suggested.

I'm not really up on AMD CPUs, but the game is mostly GPU-centric now.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: Added image below.

Offline FGBullet

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2016, 05:05:05 PM »
Thanks, I tried downloading it a couple nights ago and every time I ran it it wanted to uninstall the driver. So, I ran it today and it uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and the images are a little better.

Really appreciate the help Chalenge!

Something that may be a big help is the official driver for your specific Samsung model (I believe this is it):

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/LS27C230BS/ZA

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2016, 05:18:02 PM »
http://www.guru3d.com

Great site with up to date drivers.  Also has some uninstall programs which wipe your driver settings and allow you to do clean install....like brand new clean!
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2016, 05:21:39 PM »
......and another question.  Do you use a HDMI cable to connect your monitor?

in my opinion the screen look allot better with HDMI.  Maybe others prefer the DVI cable.
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline FGBullet

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2016, 06:09:22 PM »
Thanks Dobs

http://www.guru3d.com

Great site with up to date drivers.  Also has some uninstall programs which wipe your driver settings and allow you to do clean install....like brand new clean!

Offline FGBullet

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2016, 06:12:46 PM »
Mine is connected with a DVI cable. Does not have an HDMI option.

Thanks!

......and another question.  Do you use a HDMI cable to connect your monitor?

in my opinion the screen look allot better with HDMI.  Maybe others prefer the DVI cable.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2016, 01:02:01 AM »
Thanks, I tried downloading it a couple nights ago and every time I ran it it wanted to uninstall the driver. So, I ran it today and it uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and the images are a little better.

Really appreciate the help Chalenge!

That's why I hang around right there.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2016, 04:52:58 AM »
Thanks for the help guys. I've been considering purchasing a larger monitor, something with a better resolution than 1080. Just wish I knew if it would help.

See attachment of screen shot.
:airplane: I bought a 43" TV and converted it to a monitor for my HP and it works great! Everything is clearer now than when I was using 32" monitor!
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline FGBullet

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2016, 01:45:54 PM »
I've been tempted to get a larger monitor.

Offline 68EZPkns

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2016, 03:21:08 PM »
I bought a 42inch 4k ultra HD tv for my monitor ,use a HDMI cable and it looks great, run at max resolution with all the bells and whistles on.

Offline FGBullet

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2016, 10:37:35 PM »
Thanks EZ