Author Topic: Min req  (Read 552 times)

Offline Dumbo

• Zinc Member
Min req
« on: September 01, 2016, 03:40:25 PM »
Which are min req??
I cant play i have VidMem 972.5Mb Used 522 and framerate 2 ( with minimum video setting)
The strange is in the old version II i have VidMem 2999 Mb and used  only 7.9 and framerate 52
My PC
Intel I3 3.3 giga
RAM 4GM
GeForce 210 Video memory 1GB  and total grafic memory 3Gb

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Re: Min req
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 03:45:24 PM »
Well my mainboard died yesterday, so I replaced it and went backwards in CPU. I figured Mhz is better than cores. I had an I5 3.2Ghz, now have an I3 3.7Ghz.... didn't drop any framerate (using a GTX960 video card).

A geforce 210 is pretty ancient tbh. That will be your bottleneck.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 03:48:40 PM »
I am not sure about AH III, but the video memory usage information in AH II was incorrect in most cases, thus the ridiculously low value you had there.
Your main problem is your fundamentally weak & outdated graphics card (some more system RAM wouldn't hurt either)

What everyone should do is compare their current video card to the NVidia 9800GTX+, as that is the baseline performance card (minimum requirement) for Aces High III.

AHIII is very much depending on the GPU, my good old I3-2120 is still doing fine in combination with a modern 'budget' GTX 950. Graphics details adjusted I still get solid 60FPS (FPS more important to me than eye candy)
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 04:36:13 PM »
if I remember correctly ah2 displays the memory that windows gives.  if it was wrong it was due to windows not sending correct info.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 01:24:57 AM »
Well my mainboard died yesterday, so I replaced it and went backwards in CPU. I figured Mhz is better than cores. I had an I5 3.2Ghz, now have an I3 3.7Ghz.... didn't drop any framerate (using a GTX960 video card).

A geforce 210 is pretty ancient tbh. That will be your bottleneck.

Interesting point vulcan I was weighing up the difference in cost between I5 and I3.   I play no other games just AH and the cost of the I3 is half.  not like you wouldn't be able to pick up the faster chips later on that use the same socket if you had too. 

AH3 relies more on the GPU so more money there would make sense. 

As for Dumbo,  skuzzy has said you will need a video card of 2gig or greater and of course the faster ones would be better.  An I3 should be ok maybe another 4gig ram if your operating system would recognise it 64bit.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 01:28:24 AM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 01:43:29 AM »
Yes, Dumbo, your video card is far from the baseline which is 9800GTX or better.

Take a look at the Passmark Chart: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Your card can be found at the bottom third of the Low Mid Range page, scoring 186. The 9800GTX scores 899 at the top third of High Mid Range cards. The card HiTech uses in his development system, a GTX660, scores 4119 on the High End cards page. I'd take the last score for a rough baseline for playability with decent settings.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni