Author Topic: Buff scoring bug  (Read 387 times)

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Buff scoring bug
« on: September 01, 2016, 10:53:10 PM »
So I shot down two pair of buffs today.  I see credit in the buffer. But when I go and check my score (yeah I'm new and I'm trying to figure out how things work), I notice that in my last killers dialog I have the buffs...three times apiece....and they never killed me once...much less three times.

GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Buff scoring bug
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 10:58:31 PM »
Yup! Its done that for as long as I have played..3 years(still learning as well). Its something I had asked also, its just a score bug. Look odd but don't think anyone ever pays attention to it. Well except for the person looking at their scores lol. Its a head scratcher. It is same for fighter kills and vehicle also. Several times my kills/killers list almost perfectly matched each other.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 08:28:36 AM »
So as a noob...I've been using score (kills/deaths, and hit%) to see improvement.

Things that make you go hmmmm is when you see a guy get credit 3 times for you when he never killed you once.  Is it just a display bug? I.E. it shows up that way but doesn't actually count as a death?  Or....

Thank you for the reply though.  Haven't shot enough buffs down to see if it is consistent so took me by surprise.  I'm sure in the world of  computer software, this would be a "usability enhancement, priority 5" :)
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 08:42:13 AM »
Thanks for the report bob.
ext time please post in the threads made for bug,s it what we use to keep track of what we have and have not done . As example I'll know I have not fixed something so I go back to the bug threads to find it. But it is almost impossible to go back  threw all the threads.

HiTech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 09:08:11 AM »
Fixed for the next host update.

HiTech

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 09:24:03 AM »
Things that make you go hmmmm is when you see a guy get credit 3 times for you when he never killed you once.  Is it just a display bug? I.E. it shows up that way but doesn't actually count as a death?  Or....

Yes, that is/was just a display bug. The last kills / last killers on your in game score card is just additional info and not part of the actual score/stats.

If you want to track scores & stats, it's also better to use the webpages:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/scores/pilot.php for your score & rank 
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/scores/players.php for your plane kills& deaths statistics, which also includes the kills not shown on your score because they were made in the wrong category (i.e. vehicles killed while in fighter mode)

BTW, your score updates after each sortie (rank once per day), but the plane stats update in real time.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 09:32:10 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 04:09:54 PM »
Ty and Ty! 

Good info, and glad you squashed it hitch.
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM