Author Topic: FRame Rate Makes it Unplayable  (Read 1605 times)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
Re: FRame Rate Makes it Unplayable
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2016, 12:05:15 PM »
Thanks for all the input.
I guess I'll stick with AHII for the month (number of players in that arena are getting lower and lower) and then call it quits until I'm ready to get a new system. :cheers:

Seriously.  If you get a card you will be good to go.  If you get a card that requires a power upgrade, I have a power supply I will GIVE you to run your new card.  I have a 970 W, in box, never used gaming power supply.

If you go the route of a new vid card and need the power supply, send me a PM. 

If you go, sorry to see you go...

AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline MrSlim

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2016, 12:20:26 PM »
Thanks for the offer Slip :salute but I don't play it enough anymore to go thru all that trouble. I have quit and come back several times over the years -each time with a different screen name -  :evil:

It's good to take a break every now-and-then.

Offline mutha

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2016, 12:46:09 PM »
Thanks for the offer Slip :salute but I don't play it enough anymore to go thru all that trouble. I have quit and come back several times over the years -each time with a different screen name -  :evil:

It's good to take a break every now-and-then.

Heya Slim -

I had similar performance issues moving from AH2 to AH3 and bought a geforce GTX 1060 card, and now am running AH3 at max settings at 60 FPS. Interestingly, AH2 at max settings runs at 30 FPS with the new card, so the comment about moving the processing work from CPU to video card is spot on.

Therefore, investing in a new video card should do the trick. It's expensive, but it's a quick, easy fix.

Doesn't solve the annoying ENY issue though. ;-)

:salute

Mutha

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2016, 01:36:50 PM »
  Running a win 7 64 bit machine with a GT535 card. Pretty much what you have. While I do need an upgrade also I Have 35-45 fr not great but allowed me to kill dozens last night in AH3.
    Like most have said tweak the graphics, environment slider to 0, disable most advanced options you should be able to play ah3 but like me you will be begging for more.
   After playing AH3 I cant go back to 2.  :eek:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2016, 02:05:49 PM »
Seriously, MrSlim, the only part in your computer that isn't AH3 compatible is the video card. AH2 has been utterly kind to people using home office level computers, AH3 moves the focus to graphics which means it should be run on a gaming computer. Fortunately HTC hasn't taken that to the highest limits, AH3 can't be used for benchmarking the latest rigs unlike some other novelty games have done during the years. An eight year old computer with a five years old video card do just fine.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2016, 02:11:53 PM »
If you don't feel comfortable putting in a new video card, many places like Best Buy will install it for you and change out your power supply to a bigger one for a very modest fee. It only takes an experienced tech 5 min to install both items. Then he needs to uninstall your current video card drivers and install new ones. Another 5 minutes. The graphics in AH3 are way better than AH2, even at very low settings.

Good luck

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline MrSlim

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2016, 02:26:12 PM »
I went in and disabled everything and turned all the settings to zero. Frame rate is now 16 :banana:  LOL

Mano, I understand what you are saying. I can change out the video card myself, but I don't want to have to put in a new power supply also all just to play a game.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2016, 02:40:41 PM »
Slim, as I said before there's decent cards available that don't necessarily need a new power supply. The Asus I mentioned needs a 350W supply and no extra power connectors.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline G0ALY

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2016, 12:53:21 PM »
I installed this card - GTX 750Ti 2GB GDDR5 (02G-P4-3751-KR) It was $119 online from Walmart. My power supply is only 300W and it runs fine. Frame rates went from around 12 to the higher 40s - low 50s.
My password at work had to contain exactly 8 characters… I chose Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2016, 01:37:00 PM »
I went in and disabled everything and turned all the settings to zero. Frame rate is now 16 :banana:  LOL

Mano, I understand what you are saying. I can change out the video card myself, but I don't want to have to put in a new power supply also all just to play a game.

Slim I had the same problem, no way to install a power supply with the right motherboard connectors and only have a 320 watt PS.  Put in an EVGA gtx750TI SC card which needs no new PS and it runs AH3 at 60fps no problem. Card runs from $50 used to $119 new.  Was worth it to me.
Ground Pounders ...

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2016, 01:53:12 PM »
BEST ANSWER.

Slim I had the same problem, no way to install a power supply with the right motherboard connectors and only have a 320 watt PS.  Put in an EVGA gtx750TI SC card which needs no new PS and it runs AH3 at 60fps no problem. Card runs from $50 used to $119 new.  Was worth it to me.

There are probably other cards and bargain prices.  I am not sure but seems like Radeon had something similar that another player was very happy with during beta testing.  The bottom line is, GPU and dedicated "fast" memory types are becoming more and more a necessity for gaming.  HTC has always been able to deliver loads of bonuses that other in genre have not that I have run on old bits and pieces that I have been able to pick up along the way.