Author Topic: Annoying Pop-Up Recurs During Play  (Read 641 times)

Offline BFX88

• Zinc Member
Annoying Pop-Up Recurs During Play
« on: September 04, 2016, 03:06:47 PM »
 :headscratch:Regarding Aces High III Pre-release version:  So I'm in the middle of a dog fight and all of a sudden I get this large annoying pop-up message right in the middle of the screen, right in my face, telling me that I can use my mouse to move the clip-board around or something of that nature.  I can't turn this thing off and keeps poping up every few minutes.  It wouldn't be so bad if the message would  just come up on the clip board, but it comes up in the middle of the screen and it stays there until I can move the mouse.  This doesn't happen in Aces High II, so why do we need it here?  Can someone please tell me how to turn this function off; this is extremely annoying.   

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Annoying Pop-Up Recurs During Play
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 03:26:29 PM »
I think it's a bug if you keep the clipboard open all the time. Close the clipboard and it should go away.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline BFX88

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 11:14:16 AM »
I often leave the clipboard up so I can monitor my radar screen, the clipboard needs to be able to stay up without having the message continuously popping up. Their is no reason that we need to have this.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 11:46:24 AM »
I often leave the clipboard up so I can monitor my radar screen, the clipboard needs to be able to stay up without having the message continuously popping up. Their is no reason that we need to have this.

Pretty sure its a bug. I seriously doubt HiTech would want some sort of window popping up in the middle of the screen at random.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline BFX88

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 04:37:44 PM »
Update:  Final release V 1.0 seems to have taken care of the problem.  The following change, "There is now a disable mode switch message option in the "Map Controls" dialog", appeared to fix the problem nicely.  By clicking the box to turn off the Messages, the annoying pop-ups stopped.  I suppose that this might be helpful information for a new player, but after a certain point, he'll get tired of always being reminded that he can move the clipboard with his mouse.

Thank You Skuzzy for fixing this! It was so annoying having to deal with having a pop-up blocking my view of something 10 -  20 times in every mission.