Author Topic: Anyone using TIR?  (Read 15674 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Anyone using TIR?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2016, 03:01:00 PM »
Wow, some of you guys are describing TIR in ways I cant seem to imagine. I have to do ABSOLUTELY nothing with key boards or stick buttons. Its just like looking around out of game...look forward- look front hold still, look back- turn head till full back look position. look back up/turn to full back tilt head up. Need to look around head rest-lean. Its all in the curves in TIR. No keys needed!!! True you can set keys for some reasons that help for your own style of using TIR,(like forward view while leaning around nose of plane in AH2) but it IS NOT necessary. I really don't understand why it is so hard to grasp. Even with my squad mates, some liked it and some couldn't get it to work as they thought it should. I am disabled with limited feeling in hands so typing can suck. Same with hitting keys on keyboards and hat switches. My hat is off to those who mastered this game having to use keys and hat switches! That to me seems like a miraculous achievement!! The only curve I don't use is roll. I also don't use Trueview,in TIR, or Object relative in game. Head positions can still be set with TIR,you just need to pause the TrackIR. Pause it, adjust your head position, F10, and un pause...VOILA! This is in forward view only for my set up,btw. All curves can be used to maximize effect of body movement, depending on how much exercise you wish to do. So if you are like me, and this game consumes all your free time? Watch what you eat, this will be the most exercise you will get!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2016, 03:23:39 PM »
Wow, some of you guys are describing TIR in ways I cant seem to imagine. I have to do ABSOLUTELY nothing with key boards or stick buttons. Its just like looking around out of game...look forward- look front hold still, look back- turn head till full back look position. look back up/turn to full back tilt head up. Need to look around head rest-lean. Its all in the curves in TIR. No keys needed!!! True you can set keys for some reasons that help for your own style of using TIR,(like forward view while leaning around nose of plane in AH2) but it IS NOT necessary. I really don't understand why it is so hard to grasp. Even with my squad mates, some liked it and some couldn't get it to work as they thought it should. I am disabled with limited feeling in hands so typing can suck. Same with hitting keys on keyboards and hat switches. My hat is off to those who mastered this game having to use keys and hat switches! That to me seems like a miraculous achievement!! The only curve I don't use is roll. I also don't use Trueview,in TIR, or Object relative in game. Head positions can still be set with TIR,you just need to pause the TrackIR. Pause it, adjust your head position, F10, and un pause...VOILA! This is in forward view only for my set up,btw. All curves can be used to maximize effect of body movement, depending on how much exercise you wish to do. So if you are like me, and this game consumes all your free time? Watch what you eat, this will be the most exercise you will get!

The issue is raising your head to see over the nose. The forward view is not over-riding the TIR front view.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2016, 03:35:02 PM »
The issue is raising your head to see over the nose. The forward view is not over-riding the TIR front view.
Right! I got that, and asked about it a while/a few patches ago. It has to be reliant on a lean(X) curve in TIR now,instead of a high head position on look forward button setting. I set head position as high as I can and still see gun sight but could set it at max height, I prefer to still see gunsight. Its not quite the same but bridges the gap when used in conjunction with the lean (X) axis in TIR
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 03:38:43 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2016, 05:53:16 PM »
Perhaps it could be fixed for the players who want to use it.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2016, 11:18:27 PM »
I do not notice any difference in how my TIR performs in II or III

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2016, 03:57:09 PM »
I do not notice any difference in how my TIR performs in II or III
Right! Its pretty much the same, well in the tracks anyway. Its just that view keys don't overwrite head movement in III. In II if you pushed say 6 on keypad, your view was down the wing to the right,and locked there until you released the 6 key. Now it rotates your body right and head tracking starts with to the right as your NEW look forward position. Turning or tilting your head still works thus no override of TIR. I used a look forwar button on my stick in II to lock my view to an around the nose/side of plane, hit button and no matter what I did with my head it stayed straight down the nose. With III now I just used deadzone to help steady the around the nose view and lean with "X" axis.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2016, 05:15:53 PM »
hmmm.

I do not use any view buttons at all, just tracker.  I do have an issue with some planes giving odd results, the P47M in AHII and the P51 in AHIII when looking behind and then to the front again however I managed to fix most of that problem by turning off the Y axis in Trackir.  Means I cannot look over the nose like I used to but it stops the issue of being stuck in my lap view which is much more of a problem.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2016, 02:10:57 AM »
hmmm.

I do not use any view buttons at all, just tracker.  I do have an issue with some planes giving odd results, the P47M in AHII and the P51 in AHIII when looking behind and then to the front again however I managed to fix most of that problem by turning off the Y axis in Trackir.  Means I cannot look over the nose like I used to but it stops the issue of being stuck in my lap view which is much more of a problem.
This might be why you had transition anomalies. If you turn on the "Y" axis again, check to see if maybe you haven't move your head position back to neutral before turning back around? I have had that happen  as weel. I noticed though that even turning to look back Then sit up a bit,looks different if you sit up higher THEN look back. Its same with the "Z" axis. If I leaned back to see more cockpit gauges and didn't go back to neutral, the seat back was a whole lot closer than if I had done the reverse first.

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2016, 12:28:22 PM »
I am using TrackIR and I think AH3 handles TIR the best out of any game I have ever played!  I have my FOV set to 90 in AH3.  My TrackIR is set to smooth profile One:One.  I suggest only having Yaw and Pitch enabled (checked) and to uncheck the rest.  No reason to roll or look with the other axis since AH3 did a good job of forcing the view over the nose and giving you a good look outside the plane when looking front/left, or front/right.  Very snappy too!
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2016, 02:25:29 PM »
I agree, it works great, but I use TIR only with no view buttons or hat switches involved. Never could get that down. All my hat switches are for other things. With adjustment you can get very precise head controls to cover every view possible without other buttons. Its all in the curves. Of coarse I don't have the muscle memory of playing AH with hat switch views only, so it was hard to compete with the long time players, until I found TIR!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2016, 05:52:26 PM »
I've had to up my light filter threshold to 175 due to the game's light effects "transient lighting" reflecting off my glasses lenses. I thought the game was having TIR problems with random view direction glitches. Some of the light effects from the monitor are very bright and caused the random direction changes.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2016, 01:36:38 AM »
I've had to up my light filter threshold to 175 due to the game's light effects "transient lighting" reflecting off my glasses lenses. I thought the game was having TIR problems with random view direction glitches. Some of the light effects from the monitor are very bright and caused the random direction changes.
Dang it BUSTR! There ya go again, finding fixes to same problems I have!!! I have never heard of this either. Is it a monitor setting or a graphics card setting, and where can I find it! The last fix with invidia and HDMI was a life saver,maybe can have another one

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2016, 03:03:03 AM »
Camera tab in the TIR software when you start it up.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2016, 07:39:05 AM »
I find TIR weird  when using external view.

Ludere Vincere

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2016, 07:41:21 AM »
I find TIR weird  when using external view.

I enjoy it when trying to taxi to the re-arm. I no longer have to use a set key to look up and over the nose when trying to taxi to the rearm and avoid the buildings. Also helps when landing goons to maneuver around trees.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35