Author Topic: Dark guges  (Read 886 times)

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
Dark guges
« on: September 09, 2016, 07:10:46 PM »
 Do away with shadows 0n instrument panel. I find, the more I fly, I only get a few times I can read the gauges. A very light shadow would be ok. For those that don't care so be it. But there of us who do care. As I said, most of the time I can't make out what gauge is what, much less what the readings are. If we can't see the gauges, why have them.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Dark guges
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 07:26:13 PM »
If you disable Post Lighting in the graphic settings, it brightens up the cockpit a bit and makes it easier to see the instruments.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 07:41:24 PM »
I have disabled post lighting and other things, no effect. I have been trying different things for more than a week.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 09:01:12 PM »
Did you move your IAS\ALT hud down under you gunsight glass?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 10:15:43 PM »
I have disabled post lighting and other things, no effect. I have been trying different things for more than a week.

What kind of monitor are you using and have you calibrated it? What are the brightness and contrast set to?

I have old eyes and I don't have any trouble seeing the gauges regardless of sun angle and I have shadows and post lighting on.

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 02:40:40 PM »
I tried the brightness on the monitor, it washes out light things, but the panel and gauges stay dark. I do thank all of you for trying to help. :salute

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 04:25:32 PM »
A shadow darkness slider would be a nice addition down the road.
Game handle: HellBuck