Author Topic: Wish list  (Read 3523 times)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Re: Wish list
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2016, 02:43:10 PM »
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2016, 03:34:28 PM »
And old post.
    Gentlemen, you are assuming facts that do not happen in AH.

We simply put the degrees and coefficients in for each flap stop.

So what degree is displayed may or may not match what the real plane displays for degrees for the same coefficients. For instance the first stop of the p38 may be displaying 10 degrees, but really be the 8 deg coefficients.

The only thing degrees really do is control the rate at which the flaps move. We put in a degree per sec rate, and then each flap stops degrees.

HiTech

8 degrees is the maneuver flap setting.   Keep in mind Fowler flaps extend as the drop.  Again when the guide hits the stop the extension ends and therefore any further extension of the flaps goes into turning the flap down.

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2016, 03:52:26 PM »
Done, for next patch.
Took a relog after update to fix it, but works correctly. 

Now Dolby, just because your 109 wasn't the uber ride it is here in WBs..don't get your knickers in a bunch:)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 06:15:13 PM by Dobs »
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2016, 04:31:00 PM »
Right now, with hide messages I don't see ANY host messages.  Yellow, orange, etc...also lost the ability to edit the text tab.

Rebooting now to see if it fixes it.

Now Dolby, just because your 109 wasn't the uber ride it is here in WBs..don't get your knickers in a bunch:)

Put that in the bug thread please.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2016, 04:32:27 PM »
Right now, with hide messages I don't see ANY host messages.  Yellow, orange, etc...also lost the ability to edit the text tab.

Rebooting now to see if it fixes it.

The option is in the Controls/ Map Controllers.

HiTech

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2016, 04:48:39 PM »

I don't know, that 109E7 in WB was so uber it had me being called a cheat within about 30 seconds of me getting it off the ground and into a fight. :ahand
"So far the score is Gunzo 237 - Skyyr 0"
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2016, 05:27:21 PM »
And old post.
8 degrees is the maneuver flap setting.   Keep in mind Fowler flaps extend as the drop.  Again when the guide hits the stop the extension ends and therefore any further extension of the flaps goes into turning the flap down.

HiTech's quote states that the first notch of flaps on the P-38 is 8 degrees deflection. Nobody disputes that.
You have no support for your theory that this is the maneuver setting.

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2016, 11:29:17 PM »
Low flying aircraft are much too loud. If there are any near GVs we can't hear sounds of other GVs at all. It may be realistic but other concessions are made to realism for the sake of game play.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2016, 08:46:14 AM »
Option to mute GV or aircraft comm depending on what you are in.....there are times when I'm hearing the ground guys and am in the middle of a intense air battle, and I'm sure they get tired of hearing the guys in the air stepping on them when they are in the middle of an intense battle......so an option to mute JUST the ground or mute JUST the air comm would be nice.

Maybe make it so you can tune "Range ground", "Range air" or "Range-all".  Most of the time it is fine, but there are times when I know I'm stepping on chatter to get a break call out, and makes it difficult.
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2016, 08:47:29 AM »
I don't know, that 109E7 in WB was so uber it had me being called a cheat within about 30 seconds of me getting it off the ground and into a fight. :ahand

It was the 109E4AA--and a good pilot in it (since it suffered from lack of induced drag) wreaked havoc:) 
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2016, 11:39:53 AM »
HiTech's quote states that the first notch of flaps on the P-38 is 8 degrees deflection. Nobody disputes that.
You have no support for your theory that this is the maneuver setting.

Do a search fls.  It is easy to find in google books.   Keep in mind that 50% travel on the flap drive should be close to 8 degrees flaps.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2016, 04:11:43 PM »
Do a search fls.  It is easy to find in google books.   Keep in mind that 50% travel on the flap drive should be close to 8 degrees flaps.

If you look at the flap you'll see that the third notch of flaps puts the flaps halfway out. The pilot notes don't refer to the internal guide track, they simply tell the pilot how far out the flaps are in the maneuver position. If you look at wind tunnel testing for Fowler flaps you find the highest CLmax at 30 degrees deflection. If the first notch is 8, the second looks around 20, what would the third notch of five positions likely be? The pilot notes state that the first half of flap extension mostly increases lift, lift would increase to CLmax which is at 30 degrees, past that you would get more drag than lift. This is exactly what happens in Aces High.

I did search, that's why I think it's 30 degrees halfway out.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 04:13:46 PM by FLS »