Author Topic: a wish for more visable hit sprites  (Read 4041 times)

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
Re: a wish for more visable hit sprites
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2016, 07:31:03 PM »
Did you take part in the open alpha or open beta when people started blowing the roof off over not being able to see tracers or sprites at 106-120 FoV unzoomed? Right now is about equal to AH2 with more luminescence to the hit sprites out to 1500yds unzoom at 106-120 FoV. All the previous tracers and sprites since the closed alpha have been scaled to the real world. You needed to be inside of 300 to see the hit sprites or on zoom up to 1:1 making the 100Mil reticle life sized at 2in. Kind of separated the herd by hardcore gamer versus the rank and file unwashed masses who just want to spray and slay for their 1-2 hours a few nights a week.

No, I was not able to take part in the development process. From what I'm reading though, the update to flashier(bigger) hit sprites seems like one of those 'gameplay concessions' to make things more entertaining for the masses.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2016, 03:33:39 PM »
I had sort of given up on tracers and sprites. The masses who pay the bills and want to enjoy the game leisurely rather than be forced into a 10\90 division of interest by L33T or fodder were heard by Hitech. Most players don't fly with tracers off for this reason. I turned my tracers off to give me the best chance of seeing the teenincy l3333tle hit sprites. So the 10% are free to keep their tracers off and point fingers at the 90%, business as usual. Gotta admit with tracers of many acm guys just sit there in their 6view waiting for my tracers to pull their signature evasion maneuver.   
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2016, 07:34:31 PM »
I use an FOV of 106 and can see hit sprites after the recent "fix". They are a little smaller than what I recall from AH2 but visible.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2016, 10:39:01 PM »
I'm digging the new hit sprites and tracers.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2016, 04:26:09 PM »
I think it is already too easy to see if you've hit. No need to game it further.

The Fog of War can be a fun part of the game.  ;)
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2016, 06:27:41 PM »
There is an interesting phenomenon with PCs and the Internet. A jpeg of some very colorful and vibrant venue can be posted for general viewing. The poster will see it as bright and vibrant, and some unknown number of others, but not everyone. Move that into the environment of a fast action video game. If there are a consistent number of players reporting that from their combination of hardware components called a PC, they can barely see what you think is fine. You have a problem, especially if nothing is done about it. Now you have a real question of player ability versus hardware making the game easier for some in the minds of subscribers already impacted by the new game engine. I think we were beginning to see something like that during the open beta one could postulate. Now what is too bright for you, appears to be just about right for those who couldn't see anything during normal game play.

You could always turn your gamma down.......   
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.