Author Topic: 80 default fov, why?  (Read 2044 times)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: 80 default fov, why?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2016, 03:00:20 PM »
Skuzzy must be old like me...... fuzzy IS normal  :confused:  Just kidding Fuzzy, err I mean Skuzzy  :salute

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2016, 03:27:46 PM »
It makes a lot of things look worse, but some people do not care for the softness of the gauges.  I kind of like it myself.  They are still easy to read.

Just trying to figure out what people are seeing when they complain about not being able to read the gauges as they are too fuzzy.

Then perhaps you can decouple the panel from everything else.

In AH2 the gauges look great even with anti-alias on.   Why does AH3 do it another way?   It doesn't seem to be an improvement IMHO.

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2016, 03:33:15 PM »
Did you read the post? 106 sucks for different reasons.

Yep - read it...and as mentioned - you have a "choice". If you choose to complain about the default that's fine, but you can still change it on your own.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2016, 03:49:49 PM »
It makes a lot of things look worse, but some people do not care for the softness of the gauges.  I kind of like it myself.  They are still easy to read.

Just trying to figure out what people are seeing when they complain about not being able to read the gauges as they are too fuzzy.
I have that problem too. I have AA off, and I can't see the points on the gauge.  Like the red line in the alt, or the fuel red line.  With AA on, the plane icons are all broken up, so I turned it off.  I think I am at 106 FOV (will double check)

Generally, outside the cockpit looks great, inside, it looks like I left my reading glasses in the little pilots room.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2016, 03:56:42 PM »
Yep - read it...and as mentioned - you have a "choice". If you choose to complain about the default that's fine, but you can still change it on your own.

And when we change it we can't see.
”KILLER V”

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2016, 03:57:31 PM »
Then perhaps you can decouple the panel from everything else.

In AH2 the gauges look great even with anti-alias on.   Why does AH3 do it another way?   It doesn't seem to be an improvement IMHO.

Can you post a screen capture of your instrument panel and explain this along with what graphics card you are using, size of monitor and FOV? Or if you are using only a laptop.

I just got done testing AA on\off, NVIDIA AA enhancing the in game AA. Turning off in game and turning up NVIDIA AA to the max 32x, and no AA NVIDIA or game. I cannot get the dials to be fuzzy enough to not be readable when I look at them using TIR or just the keyboard. My FOV is 103 and I'm using a 24" monitor. Or are you at 120 FOV?

You are not really giving Skuzzy anything to work with and AA in the game can be left on while you uncheck all the other post lighting effects.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2016, 04:22:10 PM »
Sure would not hurt to get some pictures showing the what people are seeing. 
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2016, 04:29:23 PM »
Can you post a screen capture of your instrument panel and explain this along with what graphics card you are using, size of monitor and FOV? Or if you are using only a laptop.

I just got done testing AA on\off, NVIDIA AA enhancing the in game AA. Turning off in game and turning up NVIDIA AA to the max 32x, and no AA NVIDIA or game. I cannot get the dials to be fuzzy enough to not be readable when I look at them using TIR or just the keyboard. My FOV is 103 and I'm using a 24" monitor. Or are you at 120 FOV?

You are not really giving Skuzzy anything to work with and AA in the game can be left on while you uncheck all the other post lighting effects.

You have to disable Post Lighting to see the gauges clearly.  No other combination works.   Once you do that you lose AA.

I will defer to others to post screen shots as they have a better vid card than I but still experience the same issue.
”KILLER V”

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2016, 04:37:04 PM »
Here is the real problem we are having.

We are not seeing the issue at all in any of our computers here.

We need to know, the plane, the game settings (screenshot is fine), AND a screenshot.  Do it offline and set the time to noon (.time 12 0).  Images can be attached in this forum.

If you want to do a split screen shot, just tag it with the option changed.  On that note, also be aware you have to wait a bit for the graphics engine to settle in with the new settings.  It is not instantaneous.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 04:39:21 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2016, 06:48:21 PM »
What texture size are you running at (Video Settings->Maximum Texture Size)?

2nd from the highest. I'll get some screen shots this weekend.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 06:53:44 PM by BuckShot »
Game handle: HellBuck