Author Topic: Release Version 1.0 Patch 0 ** DX11 ** : Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 21416 times)

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
Re: Release Version 1.0 Patch 0 ** DX11 ** : Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2016, 10:12:11 AM »
While viewing film and panning around the aircraft - engine speed changes drastically.

High while in front of plane looking back, normal on the side, maybe too low from rear.

Possible the doppler effect setting has gone goofy.
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline SKColt

• Copper Member
      • http://home.alltel.net/wkunkle/b17intro.html
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2016, 10:25:56 AM »
 I can also confirm experiencing this issue with B-24s. It also appears that if the plane with the doubled drones are fired upon, the "owner" of the piggybacked drones will receive damage, even though they are NOT being targeted.

Double Drone Bug:

When wingman locked flying in formation seeing double drones on wingman locked planes (B17's). See attached screenshots.

Cheers!
Elec1

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2016, 10:54:46 AM »
Updated DX11, so far no problems. Everything looks and runs great!

Well spoke too soon, it seems the darkening of the gun sight has returned. Difficult to see through it with terrain in the background.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 11:27:44 AM by JimmyD3 »
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2016, 11:38:35 AM »
Entered melee arena with VR and headset off but plugged in, exited and tried to enter training arena, program crashed.   Exception Offset:   001b6cf0

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2016, 11:40:52 AM »
Action: Vehicles can no longer be seen outside of ground vis range.
 :aok
(I had to look at the screen shot of a test we did to convince myself it was fixed.)

Has the distance for 'ground vis range' been posted anywhere ?
All vis ranges  shift-f1 thru f4  still say  'not implemented'
Ground Pounders ...

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2016, 12:17:15 PM »
Downloaded AcesHigh3 from web site and dx version 11 installed w/o any problems.  Also settings from AceHigh 2 transferred w/o out any problem.  Wtg Hitech crew!!!!

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2016, 12:39:18 PM »
In AH3, you have a slider in your Graphics Option tab. The range is from 0.5 miles to 3.0 miles. I wish it was 6 miles but I'm greedy and 3 is what we have.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2016, 12:44:26 PM »
Still having a hard time seeing the Tank gun sights in bright light. Would be nice to have some way of adjusting the contrast.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2016, 12:49:56 PM »
I can also confirm experiencing this issue with B-24s. It also appears that if the plane with the doubled drones are fired upon, the "owner" of the piggybacked drones will receive damage, even though they are NOT being targeted.

Coot and I both can confirm this.  Our squaddie Bear and another player took off in 17s.  While flying close to Bear he had a skin chosen but the drones skins were the other players skins.

The drones appeared to be "ghosts"  Bear saw his 3 drones only while Coot and I spotted the piggy back drones.  The other pilot for awhile had no drones as Bear had his.

Could this be connected to the wingman command?  The one that lets you fly in formation with another player and you are just in autopilot letting the lead Bomber fly your set.

Also engine sounds have changed in pitch (radials at least) since this new patch.  Higher pitched over revving sound.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 12:52:32 PM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2016, 01:48:27 PM »
Two few minor things:

- It doesn't look like you can switch terrain for offline. That option is grayed out.

- I was messing around in the Training Arena last night and took up an I-16. Suddenly there was the shadow of 3 bombers floating around. It was positioned around a lone bomber that had crash-landed - but I saw 3 shadows floating around. This may relate to the ghost bomber issue others are reporting. It didn't happen until I took up an I-16 ... maybe a coincidence ... maybe the open-cockpit affects shadow calc's ... who knows?

- In the TA, you have trees all over those target bullseyes - so you can't see where your ord hit most of the time. Break out the FAE's.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2016, 02:11:52 PM »
Two few minor things:

- It doesn't look like you can switch terrain for offline. That option is grayed out.

Off line terrain is chosen at the title screen.

HiTech

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2016, 02:46:36 PM »
Update OK.

Melee: Clouds look OK but they cast a square shadow, much like that cast by a thin slice of tilsiter or havarti type cheese (Baby Muenster).

The shadows are very jaggy and flickery. Am I right to suppose that they are of a much lower resolution or something like that? Anyway, it's kind of disturbing to see a shadow that doesn't know if it should exist or not. In real world shadows on a flat surface are consistent instead of being a dot here and there. See the image, the canopy frames casting shadows on a 110-G2 back seat armor plate.

There's something wrong with the wakes of the fleet, too. Having been on both boats and ships I know that there's a wake expanding on the sides and another right in the back, but the arrows seem too conspicuous in my eyes. I may be wrong, though, I've never looked at ships from a fighter pilot's perspective.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 02:48:55 PM by Bizman »
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2016, 03:22:07 PM »
Engine sounds in 110C seem off,right engine is louder than left.

190A5 engine sounds seem to cut in and out when looking up!

New TA terrain has several areas that  the terrain is raised,town near A2 and N rw on A2 both show what looks like water but is really a raise terrain.

Now if I can figure out how to get rid of all the jaggy looking lines I'd be good!  Have AA enabled but gauges,gunsite and canopy frames look terrible.Some A/C seem to have very dark cockpits,flying away from sun they look fine,turn towards it and you cant see any gauges,190 is the worse of them.

Oh and Icons seem to go from bright to lighter as planes climb and dive in TA,almost like they are flying through clouds but no clouds.

:salute

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2016, 03:55:37 PM »

I assume it's OK to pass along this snippet of conversation from channel 1 in AH III regarding Vis Ranges.

unsure if his second line pertains to the same issue.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2016, 05:13:45 PM »
How about moving the opening initialization block followed by the "did you know" block so it does not cover up the opening graphics.  Just would be a bit more impressive.