Author Topic: AHIII: Problem in New Training Area  (Read 1715 times)

Offline BFX88

• Zinc Member
AHIII: Problem in New Training Area
« on: September 15, 2016, 11:19:12 PM »
Re:  The New AHIII Training Area.  I was unable to access the Bombing Area, when I click on any one of the bases I am unable to enter.  All of the other areas seem to be operational, it's just the Bombing.  Just thought I'd let everyone know.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: AHIII: Problem in New Training Area
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 11:25:33 PM »
None of the fields in the bombing area are Bishop. Probably no restrictions on changing teams, either.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline BFX88

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 10:25:40 AM »
Thanks for the advice, I had no idea that the training area cared what country I used.  I changed my country in the training area to Knights and bombing area now works!!  I was previously using what I had in AHII.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 10:27:35 AM »
We have all made those mistakes. I'm old now, so I'm getting to revisit them all.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 11:10:26 AM »
Thanks for the advice, I had no idea that the training area cared what country I used.  I changed my country in the training area to Knights and bombing area now works!!  I was previously using what I had in AHII.

The Bishop training arena bases in AH2 are Knight bases in AH3. There are a few issues with the terrain and air spawn isn't working, please report anything else you find.

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 12:48:55 PM »
On the 10K dive bombing range - no air starts.

The range targets to the north - Covered with trees and I couldn't see my crater.

I was doing something specific for FSO so I didn't fully test.

:salute

George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline BFX88

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 02:55:55 PM »
New Problem:  I just tried the 20K & 10K level bombing range.  Regarding the target dots, which are what I use to set my bomb pattern, all appear as reflective white dots with no target definitions.  If I drop bombs to the center, there is no evidence that they ever hit as there is no target detail.  When I fly close or use magnification to examine the drop, it appears that the target dots are completely overgrown with trees; all there is, is just trees and no evidence of hits.  Right now, that part of the target range doesn't appear to be usable.  I haven't tried anything else yet.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 03:57:55 PM »
The white dot problem may be because the sun is generally set to noon time in the TA so you get a lot of reflection and the trees that cover the target don't provide shade when you're too high to see the trees.

Offline BFX88

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 04:16:38 PM »
FLS:  Any suggestions on how to fix?  This never happened in AHII, but I know that the graphics are also different here.  I've tried all of my monitor settings, I'll try turning off "Post Lighting" and make some other adjustments and see if anything helps.  I'll let you know if I come up with something.  Thanks

Offline BFX88

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 05:15:43 PM »
I just tried again at 10K and 20K on the level bombing range.  "Disable post lighting" allows me to see the bulls-eye but it's only visible on approach at 10K, works better at 20K as I can get the cross-hairs on the target center.  No bomb hits are ever recorded and target is completely obfuscated by trees when viewed from directly overhead.  Problem appears to be more involved than just a reflection by the overhead sun.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2016, 05:25:25 PM »
Until something changes you could bomb offline or in a custom arena with the TA map and hit the fields in the dive bombing range with damage on and a fast rebuild time.

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2016, 05:46:28 PM »
It doesn't seem to allow selecting another map.

What are the settings to enable blowing up friendly acks/bldgs again?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2016, 06:23:00 PM »
It doesn't seem to allow selecting another map.

What are the settings to enable blowing up friendly acks/bldgs again?

Are you trying to load the terrain before or after you start offline? Is the terrain you want to use in your terrain folder?

I think you want protect objects off in arena settings.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 06:25:22 PM by FLS »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2016, 11:13:45 PM »
BFX88  I set the sun to 4 PM in the training arena so you should be able to see the targets now even when the trees appear. I dropped a couple of bombs from a fighter but I didn't see any craters.

Offline BFX88

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2016, 12:07:55 PM »
FLS: Setting the clock to 4:00 PM was helpful, I can now see the targets, thanks. I just tried using a bomber at 10K with an eight bomb spread pattern accross the target area, unfortunately there was no evidence of bomb hits.  I think that if we'll just be patient, the problem will take care of itself.  The bomb range will start getting visibility, when more people discover that the bomb range can't score/record hits.  Again, I appreciate your help.