Author Topic: Vis Ranges "Not Implemented"  (Read 3303 times)

Offline Eurastus

• Zinc Member
Vis Ranges "Not Implemented"
« on: September 16, 2016, 03:53:11 PM »
The keys are setup correctly in AH3 for Short, Ground, Medium and Full Vis ranges.  When you press a key to change a range, the new vis range is shown as with the old AH2, but following that is the text "not implemented."  Unsure what that means, but I do know that none of the vis range keys has any effect on the view.  I'm stuck on some view and with the different graphics can't even tell what view that is.  Some players claim there are no more alternate vis views, but if that is the case why are the menu options for different views still available.  Even more confusing is that some players say their views change as always.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 03:54:55 PM by Eurastus »

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Vis Ranges "Not Implemented"
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 04:02:14 PM »
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,381537.msg5081075.html#msg5081075

I asked HiTech about this in AH III yesterday, doesn't sound like a bug.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Eurastus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 09:07:06 PM »
Thank for replying, Fuzeman.... it's one he11 of a "bug" for me by any other name (and the first no-spelling person who tells me to watch my language is gettin' his fingers broken.  :)  I'll wait for AH mods to answer the question because it is real and in my face.  And when they do it'll be the first forum response ever!

« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 09:09:03 PM by Eurastus »

Offline Eurastus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 07:50:31 PM »
Moderators apparently known nothing about this since none replied.  Just my personal opinion, but AH3 is premature in its release; worse is the permanent closing of AH2 servers.  Too many unanswered questions/problems with AH3 and I think the final result is going to be a lot fewer players.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 08:09:30 PM »
Moderators apparently known nothing about this since none replied.  Just my personal opinion, but AH3 is premature in its release; worse is the permanent closing of AH2 servers.  Too many unanswered questions/problems with AH3 and I think the final result is going to be a lot fewer players.

AHIII is doing very well. Mods will never post to anyone on the boards.

Your question has been answered in another thread probable a month ago.

The boards have a search capability.... Try it.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 11:53:04 PM »
Thank for replying, Fuzeman.... it's one he11 of a "bug" for me by any other name (and the first no-spelling person who tells me to watch my language is gettin' his fingers broken.  :)  I'll wait for AH mods to answer the question because it is real and in my face.  And when they do it'll be the first forum response ever!

How is it a bug? Hitech's response to fuse in the melee arena was the only thing he could do is a toggle to turn on\off ground clutter. You can do that under graphics and remove grass and plants up to about 3ft tall. You want to see more at distance, push your detail slider to the max of 3 miles and possibly reduce tree detail to "0". then use zoom like the rest of us. You cannot see through some parts of hills like in AH2 now, nor reduce the visual clutter of trees with view modes. You can turn off shadows to see a bit more between the tree trunks. You can also ask terrain builders to include more open space for long rang hide sniping in the future. The tank town object makes tanking as stressful as furballing against multiple cons now.

I've built a gunnery training terrain for offline that has several hundred tanks hidden in tank town and other villages and farm land. I'll be making it available for download next week so players can practice looking for tanks in tank town, in town, and in the farmland and villages. What I've found that helps see them is to disable shadows, ground clutter, and of the four detail sliders, move all to the left except for ground detail. It makes tanks stand out under tress better. You will not be able to see very far into the trees past about the first or second row unless you see some portion of a hidden tank. Just like real life.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Eurastus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2016, 01:29:47 AM »
Very first thing I did was search and see who else has posted the same problem.  Zip --- no one has posted such.  Wish you'd linked your claim to the contrary.  I disagree that AH3 is doing "very well."  It is riff with problems; a simple poll of players answers that.  Worse, there seems to be no information source or method to solve the most simple of these issues. 

AHIII is doing very well. Mods will never post to anyone on the boards.

Your question has been answered in another thread probable a month ago.

The boards have a search capability.... Try it.

Offline Eurastus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2016, 01:37:22 AM »
How is is not a bug when the menu allows the keyboard to be setup at various vis ranges; i.e.close, ground, mid, far, etc.   When the key is pressed the correct vis setting for the key is shown in text, but followed by "not implemented."  Worse, the vis range does not change.  That not a bug to you? 

What do you call it

How is it a bug? Hitech's response to fuse in the melee arena was the only thing he could do is a toggle to turn on\off ground clutter. You can do that under graphics and remove grass and plants up to about 3ft tall. You want to see more at distance, push your detail slider to the max of 3 miles and possibly reduce tree detail to "0". then use zoom like the rest of us. You cannot see through some parts of hills like in AH2 now, nor reduce the visual clutter of trees with view modes. You can turn off shadows to see a bit more between the tree trunks. You can also ask terrain builders to include more open space for long rang hide sniping in the future. The tank town object makes tanking as stressful as furballing against multiple cons now.

I've built a gunnery training terrain for offline that has several hundred tanks hidden in tank town and other villages and farm land. I'll be making it available for download next week so players can practice looking for tanks in tank town, in town, and in the farmland and villages. What I've found that helps see them is to disable shadows, ground clutter, and of the four detail sliders, move all to the left except for ground detail. It makes tanks stand out under tress better. You will not be able to see very far into the trees past about the first or second row unless you see some portion of a hidden tank. Just like real life.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2016, 03:30:16 AM »
How is is not a bug when the menu allows the keyboard to be setup at various vis ranges; i.e.close, ground, mid, far, etc.   When the key is pressed the correct vis setting for the key is shown in text, but followed by "not implemented."  Worse, the vis range does not change.  That not a bug to you? 

What do you call it
'

You call it not implemented.

Is english your first language?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2016, 06:10:31 AM »
How is is not a bug when the menu allows the keyboard to be setup at various vis ranges; i.e.close, ground, mid, far, etc.   When the key is pressed the correct vis setting for the key is shown in text, but followed by "not implemented."  Worse, the vis range does not change.  That not a bug to you? '

No. Worst you can call it is 'glitch', for not having deleted the references to the old view modes. It's not a bug, because there isn't any functionality that's been broken.
AH III graphics work differently to AH II, thus the three view modes weren't implemented

Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2016, 06:14:56 AM »
Have the aircraft numbers changed? Same thing if you find an empty slot.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2016, 03:01:28 PM »

What do you call it
'

Where it was implemented in AHII it is not in AHIII. You will have to use other methods as stated by buster to game the ground game.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2016, 03:24:03 PM »
Here is a way to look at this eurastus, Hitech switched the zoom keys around for AHIII, it was something he had intended to do like about 15 years ago. Probably the same thing with those F-Mode function keys since he is reusing many things from AH2 like the KMP function files. I noticed you have never complained about all the unassigned view keys over the years sitting in the KMP file.

Hitech is human and the only programmer working on this game. All of those view modes you want back, they are your tree detail slider, terrain detail slider, and object detail slider. Oh and put your environment slider at "0". Then disable shadows and reflections while getting very good with zoom. That is about as GV close to AH2 gamey as you will get in AHIII. I noticed with the optics in the 88 you cannot see tanks past about 5000yds on full zoom in trees up on a hill.

Now what you could do is submit a wish for the new game that Hitech map those slders to toggle keys while you are sitting in your tank.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.