Author Topic: Hiding unseen in buildings  (Read 1686 times)

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
Hiding unseen in buildings
« on: September 18, 2016, 06:36:04 PM »
Are there any plans to fix the exploit where you can hide in a building and fire out at targets, but the gv's can't kill you from the outside?  I thought that BS was over with.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
Re: Hiding unseen in buildings
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 06:42:06 PM »
Are there any plans to fix the exploit where you can hide in a building and fire out at targets, but the gv's can't kill you from the outside?  I thought that BS was over with.

Im sure there are plans, but it is the weekend. I'm not sure, but maybe you cant report the buildings location by using the .psave feature?
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline iikie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 08:09:58 PM »
Don't know if this will help but I saved some files showing me stuck in trees and inside buildings.
Slaxer

Offline iikie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 08:12:11 PM »
this is one of the tree stickings, a bridge and another bldg.
Slaxer

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 10:07:36 PM »
I entered a bug report back in the beta when every time I bumped into a town bldg it acted like a tree grove grabbing the gv and sliding it in and out the building.  Am surprised to still see it in this last build.  Tanks can drive into a building, but it should collapse the building or wall where entry was not unlike damage when you shell a bldg down.  Maybe that's in the works, but nothings been said yet.
Ground Pounders ...

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 10:12:22 PM »
Im sure there are plans, but it is the weekend. I'm not sure, but maybe you cant report the buildings location by using the .psave feature?
I think its pretty well any building on the map.  I was parking a wirb by a control tower at a vbase and bumped the building and it slid the wirb in and out till I towered.
Ground Pounders ...

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 06:53:16 AM »

I reported the bug with .psave location in the dx11 a couple of days ago and agree it should be fixed.  It is just another version of spawn camping which was rampant yesterday with the reduced number of trees.

However, I must say there was a big fun element involved.  It was like king of the hill.  Both counties involved took control of the building at one time or other.  I got bombed out once then a mass tank charge stormed the building and got me.   Another time I turned the corner in an M18 at full speed, drove through the wall and knocked Wizzy out.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 06:57:01 AM by Randy1 »