Author Topic: Planes flipping during agressive defensive moves  (Read 40326 times)

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
Planes flipping during agressive defensive moves
« on: September 20, 2016, 01:20:02 AM »
I am seeing this a fair bit and it is not unique to the player in the clip.  It seems that when a player performs some of the more aggressive defensive moves the game cannot keep up somehow and so produces a wild spinning / flipping motion.  I do not remember seeing this in AH2 and I do not believe it is lag as it is only evident during defensive moves, I never see it any other time.

Would be nice to get this under control as it makes tracking the defender very difficult.  Another player who exhibited this behaviour was under full control of his plane and shot me as I went past even though my end was showing him do this sort of thing.

<edit> flipping is around the 20 second mark

« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 01:26:47 AM by FESS67 »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Planes flipping during agressive defensive moves
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 01:41:49 AM »
I have noticed that inside of 200 yards somewhere the position of any plane may not be cleanly defined. It just isn't smooth.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 02:17:25 AM »
I am seeing this a fair bit and it is not unique to the player in the clip.  It seems that when a player performs some of the more aggressive defensive moves the game cannot keep up somehow and so produces a wild spinning / flipping motion.  I do not remember seeing this in AH2 and I do not believe it is lag as it is only evident during defensive moves, I never see it any other time.

Perfectly legitamate defensive manoeuvres with no more lag than with anything else. He's snap rolling to compensate for a poor roll rate is all.

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened" - Dr. Seuss

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 02:57:14 AM »
He's ManeTMP'ing. Used to see a particular typhoon pilot do this back in AH1 days. It's akin to stick stiring, basically the internet can't keep up with his drastic control changes and so on the observer's end the plane would appear to be flip-flopping around, changing directions instantly etc.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 03:03:19 AM »
Perfectly legitamate defensive manoeuvres with no more lag than with anything else. He's snap rolling to compensate for a poor roll rate is all.
If you watch the film closer you'll see that's not what's happening. There's a point where the plane instantly warps into a different position, this particular player might not be inducing it on purpose.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 03:18:08 AM »
Please note:  In my original post I stated that it was not unique to this player.  It is a 'feature' of the game at the moment.  There is no suggestion at all that the player is attempting to do anything but fly.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 03:19:02 AM »

Are you sure you are living on a planet with the same laws of physics as Earth?

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 03:29:30 AM »
If you watch the film closer you'll see that's not what's happening. There's a point where the plane instantly warps into a different position, this particular player might not be inducing it on purpose.

Just looks like micro warps on top of extreme manouevring, didn't affect the attack that much. Should get on EAce's six in a 190, then you'll see a real show. I like what he did at 32 seconds. Looks pretty cool.

Are you sure you are living on a planet with the same laws of physics as Earth?

My real flying experience is lmited I just know within AH extraordinary things are possible. I use a lot of these kind of moves. What are you requesting, that such manoeuvres be prevented for your convenience? That's not the name of the game.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 03:38:46 AM »
No nrshida.  I am suggesting that there may be something amiss with the way things are presented in game outside of what we may expect to see as lag.  You seem keen to disagree with most of what I post so feel free to not bother  :)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 03:59:00 AM »
No nrshida.  I am suggesting that there may be something amiss with the way things are presented in game outside of what we may expect to see as lag.  You seem keen to disagree with most of what I post so feel free to not bother  :)

So far I've disagreed that you were giving enough lead and that warping is the primary reason this fellow got out of your gunsight. You're in the wrong place if your expectation is mindless agreement.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 05:09:10 AM »
I did not watch this film but have seen aircraft instantly turn 90 degrees and then instantly turn the opposite 90 degrees while jinking. I too did not notice this in AH2.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2016, 06:47:22 AM »
There are more players with computers barely capable of running the new version. You will continue to see more warping than with AH2 until players upgrade their systems to be able to handle the added graphics loads and keep up with the data transfer rates needed for smooth multiplayer flight.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2016, 07:30:50 AM »
Dont think its rendering or a warp looks like one of those newfangled stalls thats been happening on some of the planes I've been flying thats been driving me nuts.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2016, 07:33:20 AM »
So essentially the player stalled the aircraft out, it torque flips over to the left, and he keeps accelerated stalling it.  The issue really is with the coding....the Energy bleed of an aircraft no longer flying streamlined through the air is pretty damn high, not to mention the spike in induced drag as  he hangs in the stall regime.  So when an airplane with a big ole motor like that stalls, it should end up either nose low (gravity kicking in), or start spinning. Regardless the guy in the aircraft will be doing spin prevent or dive recovery vs BFM.

GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2016, 07:42:46 AM »
Your guns sounds are better than mine  :old: :old: