Author Topic: Planes flipping during agressive defensive moves  (Read 40336 times)

Offline save

• Gold Member
Re: Planes flipping during agressive defensive moves
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2016, 05:35:48 PM »
So if you land and refuel you get the Wep back in MW50 / water-injected engines ?
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2016, 07:19:10 PM »
I'm really curious why you believe there is less yaw?

HiTech

If you look at the airshow videos on my youtube link you'll see maneuvers I can't do in AH3. Basically a vertical snap roll like a lomcevak entry. I'm guessing it's due to less yaw from torque when I'm slow enough to lose yaw stability since the only difference I know of is the governor lag and air pressure response.

I'm not saying it's bad or wrong,  just noticing it's different.

The Corsair ground view video is a good example. Or the P-47M.

The total forces may end up the same but they seem to be reduced at a critical point in the maneuver.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 07:34:56 PM by FLS »

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2016, 08:44:03 PM »
I can say without question the D9 does not perform the same as it did in AH2. With the ridiculous amount of time I've spent in that bird over the last bunch of years. If something its different, even minor. I'm gonna notice. 

As I've said before there are certain maneuvers what have become second nature to me over the years and certain things I used to be able to do at specific speeds that now send me into a stall. One in particular is one I liked to use in the vertical using a combination of stick,throttle and flaps created a maneuver similar to what Skyyr used to like to do in the 152 in snapping his nose around only without needing to shut off my engine.

Its like the plane doesnt respond the same to flaps the same as it used to. The nose also doesn't want to pull around as nimbly as it used to also

I also notice the 152 doesnt seem as prone to stalls as it was. Or at least not the same types of stalls it was before. Its almost like the two were switched.

I've also experienced the same type stalls while turning in the D9 that is shown on the film presented here.

My first inclination is always to look at things on my end first. Particularly in this case as I was previously some having stick spiking issues. But I have since resolved that problem,  Compound that  with If it were happening to all the planes I were flying I'd see that as proof its something on my end. But that isn't the case.
Im seeing most of the planes having their own nuances. what causes a stall in one doesnt particularly cause a stall in another under the same conditions.

As I've also said. Im looking at things in that is just how the game now is and I just have to re learn the game. But this is what I am seeing
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2016, 10:07:52 PM »
One subtle difference is that the sound of the stall buffet has changed. Since it's your last warning before departure you want to get familiar with the new sound.

The difference you're seeing in the vertical stall maneuver is the same one I described for Hitech. The BnZ guys won't notice more than a sound and RPM change but anyone used to swapping ends in a vertical turn is likely to notice a difference.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2016, 03:20:53 AM »
If you look at the airshow videos on my youtube link you'll see maneuvers I can't do in AH3. Basically a vertical snap roll like a lomcevak entry. I'm guessing it's due to less yaw from torque when I'm slow enough to lose yaw stability since the only difference I know of is the governor lag and air pressure response.

This is bad news. Years of R&D and unorthodoxy washed down the toilet. Rivers and seas boiling, 40 years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanos, the dead rising from the grave, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

Can't you fix it HiTech, if this wasn't expressely intended, isn't it technically a bug?

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened" - Dr. Seuss

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2016, 05:57:15 AM »
I can say without question the D9 does not perform the same as it did in AH2. . . .

I thought the same thing with the P-38.  HTC has posted that the model has not changed.  I think what the problem is the video processing, and sounds are different.  What sounds we expected to hear and the look on the screen  at the moment you add rudder as an example are just not the same look and sound as ah2.   

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2016, 06:12:49 AM »
According to the search function on this board this is not the first time a new version has caused this same issue. HTC will clear it up.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2016, 06:17:31 AM »
P51 after rearming the temp hit the stop at 140' from 80' instantly. So no
"So far the score is Gunzo 237 - Skyyr 0"
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2016, 08:17:00 AM »
If something its different, even minor. I'm gonna notice. 

Don't forget that the clear, dry desert air of AHII has been replaced with the cloudy air of AHIII.  Tests show that the relative humidity is 21.4% higher.  This explains the subtle difference in aircraft performance.

:D
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 08:30:12 AM by popeye »
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2016, 08:38:06 AM »
This is bad news. Years of R&D and unorthodoxy washed down the toilet. Rivers and seas boiling, 40 years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanos, the dead rising from the grave, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

Can't you fix it HiTech, if this wasn't expressely intended, isn't it technically a bug?

Nothing to be fixed. And I do not believe the governor lag ( we are speaking of at most 200 rpm difference during the deceleration) would effect the maneuver.

HiTech

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2016, 09:43:20 AM »
Nothing to be fixed. And I do not believe the governor lag ( we are speaking of at most 200 rpm difference during the deceleration) would effect the maneuver.

Try harder FLS you noob!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2016, 11:14:48 AM »

HiTech

It's a mystery then.  Fixed prop flies the same, constant pitch is different. The snap roll decreases RPM now with constant speed props and the snap roll result is different for some unknown reason.

I thought the same thing with the P-38.  HTC has posted that the model has not changed.  I think what the problem is the video processing, and sounds are different.  What sounds we expected to hear and the look on the screen  at the moment you add rudder as an example are just not the same look and sound as ah2.   

That would not cause the change in post departure gyrations. The difference is the forces expressed after you stall one wing.

Edit: Did some testing. The P-38 drops 500 RPM in a snap roll but the single engine change is much less.

I did get the P-47M and eventually the F4UA-1 to fly backwards so I must have been doing something differently, probably flaps, when they wouldn't rotate before.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 12:13:32 PM by FLS »

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2016, 12:17:29 PM »
I did get the P-47M and eventually the F4UA-1 to fly backwards so I must have been doing something differently, probably flaps, when they wouldn't rotate before.

So is there a change to the flight model or not?

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2016, 12:29:35 PM »

I thought the same thing.....the 38 seems different to me. It seems like it wants to fall out of the sky in tight turns compared to the past. Thought it was a different stick settings but they are the same as they always were

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2016, 12:36:21 PM »
So is there a change to the flight model or not?

Yes, there is an improvement in the prop model but it doesn't affect single engine snap rolls as much as I suspected.

I thought the same thing.....the 38 seems different to me. It seems like it wants to fall out of the sky in tight turns compared to the past. Thought it was a different stick settings but they are the same as they always were

Note that the stall buffet sound has changed and you may pull to a stall if you don't listen for the new sound.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 12:39:06 PM by FLS »