Author Topic: FMOD Sound Pack  (Read 1260 times)

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
FMOD Sound Pack
« on: September 23, 2016, 07:22:45 PM »
I have FMOD now on my machine, plus the HTCEvents.fspro and CustomSounds.fspro project files.

Correct me if I'm wrong:
1. The only sound available to listen to in either file is the "More power" title0 event.  All of the other event sounds have been removed from HTCEvents.fspro for copyright reasons, BUT, the architecture is there in HTCEvents for us to use.  This is quite frankly awesome.

2. Once you get an event sound nailed down, you have to "build" that specific event, by right clicking on the event and using the build command.  This in turn updates or creates a BANK file, with the sound(s) in it, which the game recognizes as a sound repository.

3. There is already a pretty large BANK file, the CustomDefault.BANK in the Desktop directory of the Aces High Beta Game directory.  I assume this is the file that actually has the game sounds in it for the Beta.

4. The original thread was written by Hitech in January 2016, pre-AH3 release, and the posts tell you to build to the beta game folder.  I assume now we set FMOD to build to the actual AH3 game folder, which would be C:/Aces High III/CustomSounds/Desktop.  If I eventually do this correctly, my custom sound BANK file will appear in this directory. 

5. I also assume the BANK file is the custom repository that the game looks for on startup, and if it doesn't find one, uses the CustomDefault.Bank file or some version of it (although I don't see any BANK files in the folders).

Is this correct?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 07:29:26 PM by 8thJinx »

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: FMOD Sound Pack
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 08:32:32 PM »
Yes, as Hitech said in the original thread you need to set the Edit/Preferences to point to the Custom Sounds folder.

Answered this in the Custom Sounds forum.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.