Author Topic: AH III mission editor, much improved over AH II, try it again  (Read 776 times)

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
AH III mission editor, much improved over AH II, try it again
« on: October 01, 2016, 08:48:33 AM »
I noticed there had not been a post for about a year other than in the tutorial sticky above.  For those who got discouraged with the bugs in AH II, try it again, AH III is much better.  Most of the tutorial above is still applicable other than the movement on the map is no longer mouse control.  Keys q,z,a,d,w,s (I think, still have not memorized) are used to zoom in and out and move left, right, up, down.   The AI drones are much better opponents and in air spawns work offline and in a custom arena.  The only flaw is the AI drones in a 3 bomber formation still do not follow the lead plane salvo and delay settings.  I have posted some .mis file in the staged mission forum you can use as a starting point or just start new.  Also note I have found it works better to keep your first way point and segment very short (see posts in staged mission forum).

Offline iaqmya

• Copper Member
Re: AH III mission editor, much improved over AH II, try it again
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 04:57:10 PM »
If it is so improved, why can we not get the help function/content function functional?

An editor is great if you have documentation available to allow you to use it. 

The only stuff I found is from a few years back using an older model of Aces High II. And that is not written, but video.

What gives?
I would love to have an easily modified Mission to practice different aircraft against other aircraft.  But, without a viable
"mission editor" how can one be created?

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 07:50:18 PM »
I understand your frustration.  There was a pdf version of Crabby's tutorial but the link is dead now.  I looked for my copy and could not find it.  Does anyone have one they could post?  I will try to put a minimal guide together in the mean time.  Maybe Monday.

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 09:25:11 PM »
One thing I don't like is the key pad map navigation. The mouse drag method was a lot better for me. I also don't like that auto zoom when you click on a base no longer works. I wish we could toggle on field numbers as well, but I'm just happy to have a working system.

I'm not having a lot of luck with airspawns, but I don't use those much.

EDIT It appears that the airspawn issue I've had is the one you described mustng.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 09:31:29 PM by jimson »

Offline iaqmya

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 12:54:00 AM »
We have the game updated, but no update on instructions on how to use the mission editor?  For what purpose is the Mission Editor if there is no documentation on how to use it?

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 05:58:47 PM »
This forum does not allow for attachments.  See the partial documentation in the staged mission forum.

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 06:42:17 PM »
A simple tutorial was posted in the Staged Mission Forum because this forum does not support attachments.  Be sure and get the 2nd edition.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 06:50:27 PM by mustng2 »