Author Topic: Server based recording  (Read 1560 times)

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Server based recording
« on: October 09, 2016, 12:56:17 PM »
Instead of the client based recording, could Hitech implement a server based recording (in .acmi). it could be stored in segments (by size, or by length). players could then download the segments they want, and view the WHOLE arena as the server sees it.

The reason for .acmi is because its a standardized flight recording format, that you can plug into different applications and they will interpret the data, and you can view the data in sometimes very intuitive ways.

one example of a large scale (in falcon bms) engagement.

dcs example

the reason i believe it should be server based is because of the range limitations of client based recording, you could only get the local picture. server based recording would allow you to get the FULL picture of where EVERYONE is, at ALL times. This could work wonders for cheat detection, scenarios/AVA, duel arena, fight breakdowns (where you made mistakes).

+ http://www.tacview.com is free

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
Re: Server based recording
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 01:03:45 PM »

This could work wonders for cheat detection

This would also help cheating. You could do a simple record and find every location of every CV and player.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 01:37:17 PM »
This would also help cheating. You could do a simple record and find every location of every CV and player.

recording segments would mean they wouldn't be available until the segment is finished recording, so for short term find where is the cv now, wouldn't work effectively, it would much easier to just ask a buddy on the other team.

it might affect long range bombing missions (they make a huge dar bar), but those guys are just trying to avoid fights so eh.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 01:47:46 PM »
recording segments would mean they wouldn't be available until the segment is finished recording, so for short term find where is the cv now, wouldn't work effectively, it would much easier to just ask a buddy on the other team.

it might affect long range bombing missions (they make a huge dar bar), but those guys are just trying to avoid fights so eh.

You need to end this type of thinking. Just because someone enjoys recreating the historically accurate mission types (there never was a historic furball mission) does not mean they are trying to avoid a fight. The fights that do happen at high altitude and with large numbers of bombers are more accurate than the majority of furballs ever will be.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 07:15:29 PM »
The fights that do happen at high altitude and with large numbers of bombers are more accurate than the majority of furballs ever will be.

True.

- oldman

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 07:33:56 PM »
You need to end this type of thinking. Just because someone enjoys recreating the historically accurate mission types (there never was a historic furball mission) does not mean they are trying to avoid a fight. The fights that do happen at high altitude and with large numbers of bombers are more accurate than the majority of furballs ever will be.

I was referring to the lone B29 that flies off map to avoid dar etc., not the large bombing raids those are fun.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 08:39:35 PM »
When people are new to this game they make the mistake of seeing a broad canvas of possibilities they think no one has realized. It's obvious at least to them the masses have not seen the possibilities. Then they decide if some energetic and talented individual like themselves can get Hitech's ear or influence the masses to believe in their ideas. This game will soar to new heights, they will get their name in lights, they will influence a function into the game they realllyyy want, or something or another.... :rolleyes:

In the end, Hitech has his own agenda that by taking the time to search his past forum postings and read them, you get a sense of what he will or will not give his ear to. As for the masses, they don't care, and don't want to be involved with anything more complication than finding their location on the map relative to the nearest red darbar. Those who have been around for some time have come to learn Hitech is synonymous with herding cats when it comes to these things.

Anything vaguely related to code other than what he freely brings up in his responses or, you quickly get a response (forum or PM) along the lines of that's an interesting idea, is better handled privately with Hitech if you really want to gauge his interest.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 08:56:47 PM »
(there never was a historic furball mission)

The Circus operations the RAF ran during the war could be considered "furball missions" as the main intent of the Circus operations were to get the Luftwaffe fighters to engage in combat.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2016, 08:49:05 PM »
link in the main topic page was actually wrong (takes you to some selfie camera site).

The ACTUAL link is http://www.tacview.net/product/en/ sorry for the mishap and check it out! its a really cool piece of software, that would be awesome to watch AH from.

http://www.tacview.net/documentation/index/en/
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 08:53:43 PM by Randall172 »

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2016, 04:13:07 AM »
ifi want to watch AH i'll either play the game or watch my recordings that we already able to do or go to youtube
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2016, 05:14:49 PM »
ifi want to watch AH i'll either play the game or watch my recordings that we already able to do or go to youtube

thank you this feature would be an extension of the user recordings, but larger in scale to include the WHOLE arena.