Author Topic: Tigers in Trees  (Read 1599 times)

Offline 49ZERO

• Zinc Member
Tigers in Trees
« on: October 19, 2016, 02:22:49 PM »
Fix the tanks stuck in tree thing or give me a 50 vehicle perk compensation for the Tigers I lost and will continue to lose until this issue is fixed. I can live with the non perk tank getting stuck in a damn tree but when you lose 5 tigers a month it makes me want to quit. If you cant fix it then give all players a 50 perk vehicle boost at the beginning of each month.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
Re: Tigers in Trees
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 03:24:20 PM »

Its just trying to be apart of its natural habitat.

But, seriously, If you cant keep from getting stuck in a tree, that's your own fault. I haven't had the first problem.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 03:41:16 PM »
It can take several minutes for the tree stuck subroutine I will call it takes over and slides your tank around.  During that time I find it helpful to keep trying forward-back and turning.

I have found only one stuck tee event I could not get out since the last tree patch fix.  I must say though I do not often take a tiger in the woods so it could be tiger specific.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 04:27:17 PM »
I have yet to get my tank permanently stuck but it can take a very long time to get unstuck in rare circumstances.  I once got stuck to a tree and the unstick code slowly slide me out but my tank was at a steep angle and I continued to slide stuck in the ground for something like 5 or 10 minutes until it finally popped out of the ground and I could drive away (and be immediately killed by an enemy who, during all that time, finally found me).  So it requires some patience.. sometimes quite a bit of patience.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 09:46:00 AM »
I have yet to get my tank permanently stuck but it can take a very long time to get unstuck in rare circumstances.  I once got stuck to a tree and the unstick code slowly slide me out but my tank was at a steep angle and I continued to slide stuck in the ground for something like 5 or 10 minutes until it finally popped out of the ground and I could drive away (and be immediately killed by an enemy who, during all that time, finally found me).  So it requires some patience.. sometimes quite a bit of patience.

Thanks for this report, sounds like the unstuck code works as expected.

HiTech

Offline 49ZERO

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 02:45:20 PM »
unstuck code? what is the unstuck code is it something like up arrow down arrow left arrow double click up arrow down arrow?

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 03:26:42 PM »
It just happens automatically.   The GV starts sliding one way then the other until you are finely free.  It works on building as well.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 05:01:52 PM »
unstuck code? what is the unstuck code is it something like up arrow down arrow left arrow double click up arrow down arrow?

We're referring to computer code... i.e. programming in AH3, not a special code the user enters.  To get unstuck you just sit there... or sometimes driving forward or backward while turning left or right helps.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2016, 01:43:23 PM »
It can take several minutes for the tree stuck subroutine I will call it takes over and slides your tank around.  During that time I find it helpful to keep trying forward-back and turning.

I have found only one stuck tee event I could not get out since the last tree patch fix.  I must say though I do not often take a tiger in the woods so it could be tiger specific.
:aok
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2016, 02:01:19 PM »
avoid the trees and you won't get stucklol I know eaiser said then done. I've gotten stuck plenty-if your patient and keep forward or backward it will release you
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.