Author Topic: Bombing Strats have become a waste of time...  (Read 12561 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: Bombing Strats have become a waste of time...
« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2016, 07:04:59 PM »
If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.

Wiley.

No, it's shooting at bombers, a.k.a. "combat".  A bomber without bombs is still a target. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2016, 07:06:19 PM »
Tell me, how does a few people hitting your strats hamper your fun. If anything, having down times remain at 30mins does nothing but encourage a horde mentality and gives a decided advantage to the side with numbers. Having longer down times allows a few people to let's say pirk ords thus slowing down the side with numbers.

It seems most of the strat raids are to the radar - which only inhibits the ability to find a fight. If priority were made to downing strats that only inhibit bast taking, then most of us fighter sticks would be fine with it, since it would result in prolonging fights.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 07:16:49 PM by Devil 505 »
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2016, 07:06:39 PM »
If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.

Wiley.

That's Sig. material there.  May I?

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2016, 07:14:14 PM »
That's Sig. material there.  May I?

Coogan

Sure.  I get 5% of the gross of any revenue you make off of it. ;)

No, it's shooting at bombers, a.k.a. "combat".  A bomber without bombs is still a target. 

Yes.  Yes it is.  Not exactly sure what your point is, but yes, you are correct.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2016, 07:21:40 PM »
Thanks Wiley.
Hope we get rich on this one.   :cheers:

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2016, 11:00:33 PM »
Maybe its just me.. but if there are fights going on.. i dont need a little plane icon on my map to find it.

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #111 on: November 06, 2016, 04:01:51 AM »
From a strategic standpoint and a tactical one...   

If you are taking the time to hit strats and "planning" as you mentioned.  Then surely you are working with groups trying to take bases.  Otherwise, what is the point of bombing the strats at all?  As long as you are working with base takers, it doesn't matter if they get the strats up by the time you land.  What matters is during that down time, your allies took advantage of down time to attack a base and get guns and buildings down while the strat was down.

Another way to look at it is other people also like to bomb strats.  I know if I see someone hitting strats and it appears the strats may come up before base taking operations are done on a particular side, I may back that bomber up by hitting the strats again.  If you hit all the strats and they are down for 3 hours each, the other guys and gals that like to do the same thing have nothing to bomb for 2 to 3 hours. 

I think it is now more involved and the strategy of the bombers and the base takers have to coordinate their tactics a little better to maintain down times.  I like it now however, I would agree that resupply times should be 10 minutes per resup and the down times remain the same as they once were.  As long as we don't have to invest 15  plus players to resup something at 4 minutes a pop. 

IMHO

The resup time for each load of cargo dumped at a strat is 30 minutes less downtime ( the old setting was 4 minutes less downtime)....  if the strat is down for 180 min, it only takes 6 loads of cargo to bring the strat up to 100%.  you get about 2 sectors away and the strat you bombed is back up to 100%. If you resup a base the cargo is worth 10 minutes less downtime...I'm not sure why the strats cargo is worth more than if you were resupping a base.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #112 on: November 06, 2016, 08:08:20 AM »
The resup time for each load of cargo dumped at a strat is 30 minutes less downtime ( the old setting was 4 minutes less downtime)....  if the strat is down for 180 min, it only takes 6 loads of cargo to bring the strat up to 100%.  you get about 2 sectors away and the strat you bombed is back up to 100%. If you resup a base the cargo is worth 10 minutes less downtime...I'm not sure why the strats cargo is worth more than if you were resupping a base.

Wrong, its 10 minute per drop. Hitech reset it this past week.