Author Topic: AH3 Boring?  (Read 2689 times)

Offline quig

• Nickel Member
Re: AH3 Boring?
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2016, 09:02:48 AM »
Real life is real cool.

I've checked it out. The trees look fake.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2016, 09:34:42 AM »
I've checked it out. The trees look fake.

Yeah, but the collision detection is perfect.  Also, destructible environments, deformable vehicles...  There's a lot to like there.

Of course, the microtransactions on top of monthly fees make it extremely expensive.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2016, 10:04:20 AM »
I think we are suffering from too low numbers syndrome and the learning curve for the new game... we do need new blood... HINT HINT HINT!!!!!!

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2016, 10:40:55 AM »
From my experiences,  the game dies out at 12am CST.  Not really sure when things pick back up.  When i can play within the hours of 2pm and 12am I usually can find some type of action.

The slow hours I speak about are going to be hard to rebound from.  There is roughly 10 folks logged in between 3 teams,  with only a handful of them actually playing the game.

It will take a surge of new blood during this time in the game.  A few guys trickling in here and there wont work,  they will lose interest with no combat or interaction.

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2016, 12:09:29 PM »
With the increased demand for hardware requirements we were bound to lose a number of pilots. Many people require upgrades and some have decided to simply move on while others it will take time to perform those upgrades.

I don't find the new game boring at all. Of course there is "more of the same" - that was the formula that brought us all into the game to start with so you have to have that base still there. The improved graphics were a welcome change, new maps / different base layouts / attack strategies etc. There is plenty new.

I definitely remember the days when we had 300 - 500 pilots online all playing and it was fantastic. We've fallen from those days and at our peak now I have seen close to 200 online at once. We are slowly growing again and seen some old pilots come back, and some totally new pilots coming to the game. The fact of the matter is this game is more of a simulator / strategy than an arcade style game and it will attract certain people as a result or deter others.

If you do find it "boring" then maybe you could provide some suggestions as to what you think would not make it boring? HiTech has built the foundation with input from a lot of us over the years and I am sure always receptive to new ideas for improvement.

Cheers!  :salute
Elec1

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2016, 08:22:16 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 08:47:37 AM by hitech »
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2016, 08:45:32 PM »
is it just me, or does it seem like ah3 is getting boring--I love the buzzsaw map-but yesterday I bet I didna spend 3 total hours all day in there.
spent most of day on youtube-FB-or asleep. so bored right now. later

Anyone that spends a lot of time on Face Book has far greater issues that need to be dealt with then just being bored with AH
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline quig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2016, 09:58:20 PM »
Yeah, but the collision detection is perfect.  Also, destructible environments, deformable vehicles...  There's a lot to like there.

Of course, the microtransactions on top of monthly fees make it extremely expensive.

Wiley.

I don't know... I've shot through leaves with a mere .22 in real life and I know FOR A FACT that not even tank rounds can do that! So the collision detection must not be that good.

And, yea, the 'pay to win' model of real life is a drag. You would think they would have went full f2p with ad-based revenue by now. That and the fact that all the hackers have almost ruined it are turnoffs for sure.

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2016, 09:58:54 PM »
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 08:49:37 AM by hitech »

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2016, 10:24:53 PM »
Action to be had though this whole AH3 is only teaser until Hitech engages in some marketing.

boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2016, 04:11:06 AM »
What's bipolar?

Is it new?

by the way where is bipolar?
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2016, 04:12:03 AM »
Real life is real cool. Stay cool!   :aok

I had a friend once that was bipolar. For 6 months he lived close to the north pole and the other 6 months he lived close to the south pole.
:rofl
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2016, 04:14:08 AM »
ngxpilot needs to go somewhere and drown

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2016, 07:30:10 AM »
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 08:50:09 AM by hitech »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2016, 01:35:53 PM »
Anyone that spends a lot of time on Face Book has far greater issues that need to be dealt with then just being bored with AH

I visit FaceBook after I play AH3 before I go to bed