Author Topic: Saving Settings: Solved  (Read 2173 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
Saving Settings: Solved
« on: February 13, 2016, 11:27:46 AM »
Ok, so I went back and spent some time playing around with arena settings, and figured out how to save my settings.

I have to go into arena tables, and save the settings to host.  And then when I start a new arena, I have to go into Arena Tables, and manually upload the settings file. 

On the screen where you set the arena flags, there is a Save button, and a Load button, among others.  But they don't save or load the settings.  I have to go to the Arena Tables screen, and then I can save and load the setting from there.

What was confusing me, was at the start screen when you first start an arena, there is a field where you can set the configuration file for the arena.  But it doesn't work.  I use the drop down list to select the configuration file, and none of the settings take effect in the arena. Once the arena is started, I have to go to the Arena Tables screen, and upload the file.  Only then do the settings take effect.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
Re: Saving Settings: Solved
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 01:04:06 PM »
Mongoose,
Did you do this all in the custom arena or set up offline, then upload?

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 11:16:21 PM »
Mongoose,
Did you do this all in the custom arena or set up offline, then upload?

I did it in the custom arena.  Oddly enough, some of the settings copied on to the offline practice arena.  I had to be careful to save the settings under two different file names.

So I created a custom arena, then made the changes I wanted, then saved the Arena Tables under a new name.  When I created a new custom arena, I then uploaded the Arena Tables, and all my saved settings were there.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 12:00:24 PM »
Ok, I think I know how to save and load the environment tabs using arena tables, but I am still unsure about object settings.  That option has a save and load, but no way to distinguish one setup from another.  Is it also saved when you save arena tables and loads when you load a table?  It does not seem to although I have got some saved settings to reload, but not sure from which attempt.  Note that if you load object settings the clipboard view will not change until you click on one of the changed settings and hit submit.  Any documentation on this?

Edit: found some instructions on the website although some of it is obsolete and needs to be updated.  Indicates that when you load object settings, it loads the last saved and apparently there is no way to permanently save the object settings to a distinguishable file like the arena tables.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 12:23:36 PM by mustng2 »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 02:06:41 PM »
You could make a script file

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 04:40:06 PM »
I can try, but have no idea how to start.  Any documentation available?