Author Topic: How to fix the zero fight country???  (Read 9360 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
How to fix the zero fight country???
« on: November 11, 2016, 01:15:05 PM »
Seems these days we often have one country that literally has minimal enemy presence on their front. Other day I flew 5 sectors just to take on the bish who were upping to fight rooks.

Knights made a decent attempt at taking a field but got caught by M3 resupply again....which yes they could set the base up better for taking but the base in question had 2 spawns in so killing VHs would have had zero effect (takes longer to take field with dropping both adjacent V bases then it does for VH to pop and M3s to get to town) and killing troops for one person at a medium and small airfield alone is difficult and timely (anyone who disagrees with that is absolutely full of it when it comes to their skill in game)

-2 Country war is "not an option"
-And side switch back to one hour or instant is probably never going to happen

So I personally think the only way to force countries to fight on both sides is to give the attacker the advantage...currently defense is way too easy in Aces High unless you have overwhelming numbers or attack NOE which the stagnant country normal cant make because they don't have the numbers in the first place.

Things I think will make it so you have to up a LEGITIMATE DEFENSE of a field (Legitimate defense is tanks vs tanks, fighters vs bombers or jabbo, whirbs vs jabbos......NOT M3 vs 2 fighters, buff and goon....if you don't see something wrong with that you are part of the decline problem honestly)

-double the number of supps or more it takes to resupply town....make it have to be a MASSIVE number of supps instead of 2-3
-Disable Man guns unless VH or FH is down(Also make them invulnerable to be killed prior to that)

And in order to make it so it's not TOO easy for say a horde to NOE a massive numbers of bases and disappear

-Cut NOE flight down to 100 feet for fighters and only C47s and attack style bombers(B25s, A20s ect) can fly NOE for buffs

What you think? Remember this is my opinion and I'm willing to have a discussion and will admit when I am wrong but normally these turn into a "You just need to try harder to find fun Aces High is great in every way....you just dont want a challenge blah blah blah" Please actually post something of worth in the discussion.

Note....some of you probably to feel the effect of this during your time in peak hours but play in the morning on a weekday and you will see what i mean, I don't think the changes I've posted would have ANY adverse effect during peak time.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Re: How to fix the zero fight country???
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 01:23:35 PM »
I witnessed it again last night.. 1 guy in a m3 undoing all the damage it took 5 guys to do.  With city strat across the map, and limited time, that wasnt an option.

Strat resup was adjusted for the same reason,  i hope towns are to follow.

Ive had this coversation with countless players in the MA, in agreeance.

Ive seen a handful of naysayers here on the board,  but their response is typical and posted in every thread, regardless of the issue.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 01:26:01 PM by Lazerr »

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 01:36:26 PM »
I agree. Something needs to be changed. It's way to easy to defend now.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 03:07:05 PM »
We just need more people, it must be almost time for the advertising to kick in..please..I play off hours generally and boy the numbers are still down.. lets get lots of folks in to populate this great game and a lot of these problems will go away I reckon..
<S> Jimmy
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 03:46:15 PM »
Is there a thread for "how to get players to fly in an air combat sim?"....

Because with 150 people on last night it was a dwhirbel fest and GV parking lot in the area I flew for..

GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 04:07:00 PM »

Because with 150 people on last night it was a dwhirbel fest and GV parking lot in the area I flew for..
In my tenure here in Aces High I feel the game is split in 2 groups....anyone feel free to correct me if I'm way wrong here but I think this applies to the majority.

You got the strat players/ win the war land grab

You got the other guys Furballers, tankers and such...they are just there for the fight and really don't care about who wins the map.

I personally like both Fighters and Tanking and normally do both depending on what is needed in a fight. This is more then just an air combat sim so the ground game isn't going away. I just think if you tap into the win the war or nothing crowd so it pushes them to fight it would make everyone's experience better. Obviously if they are upping M3s to resupply they aren't afraid of getting killed...and I'm pretty sure 72Dodge is the only dedicated M3 driver in the game :aok it's not like implementing these changes would make them not like the game anymore....they would play the strat different in order to hold fields.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 04:08:27 PM »
Resup is kinda op .....but every time I've played lately been big furballs....no time to take bases...
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 04:13:19 PM »

The other day I flew in Heinkels over an enemy field at 12k.  I was sure somebody would up to shoot down my incredibly vulnerable deathtraps.
Nope, went straight for the 88mm at the field and started plinking away.
Kommando Nowotny

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 06:45:01 PM »
I will always fight a guy or several whether it be in a plane or tank, but whenever I'm doing paper work at home I'll usually hop in a wirb, manned gun or m3. I don't really find it to be fun, but it's a way to play without having to focus too much while I work. 

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 08:00:33 PM »
The other day I flew in Heinkels over an enemy field at 12k.  I was sure somebody would up to shoot down my incredibly vulnerable deathtraps.
Nope, went straight for the 88mm at the field and started plinking away.

Wrong plane.  Should've upped G4M1's. :)  But the 111 is a solid option. :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 08:19:17 PM »
It's simple: increase the number of players.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 08:44:26 PM »
I witnessed it again last night.. 1 guy in a m3 undoing all the damage it took 5 guys to do.  With city strat across the map, and limited time, that wasnt an option.

Strat resup was adjusted for the same reason,  i hope towns are to follow.

Ive had this coversation with countless players in the MA, in agreeance.

Ive seen a handful of naysayers here on the board,  but their response is typical and posted in every thread, regardless of the issue.

Leave it alone. Wait till the updates have settled down, then advertise. it will be become a non-issue with increased numbers.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 09:47:39 PM »
Dobs you was at 65 last night we had no air base around for 3 sectors so we had no choice but to up GVs only and it was not fun for us either really we had 5 sets of lancs above us for 5 hours non stop. we the bish was getting hit from both sides knights had us back to our bases they could not cap. i got our squad together and we hit A12 3x trying to get something back so we could fly. 2 of them times we went we hit the Town and WF and deacked it in one pass bailed our bombers and upped M3s instantly to try and take it by the time we drove to town it was full up mind you this was about 4 mins after it was freshly droped. the ganging of one side happens more often then not now days yes bish are on the given end sometimes but we are also on the taking end sometimes and its not fun on either end your a steam roller or getting steam rolled.     And while we was getting ganged by both sides and beat back to nothing we had a freaking ENY to help out even more yeah that was the part that really is anoying sure we got 60 online but 35 rooks and 60 knights thats 95vs 60 and the one with 60 has the ENY
G3-MF

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2016, 11:10:49 PM »
Resup is kinda op .....but every time I've played lately been big furballs....no time to take bases...
I agree the fights are there when you get to 150+ in the arena but when will those numbers get that high for the off hour guys?
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2016, 08:25:05 AM »
M3's are like chicken fries, you can't eat just one!  :D
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!