Author Topic: Any CCW people here?  (Read 9574 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Any CCW people here?
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2016, 06:08:50 PM »
I don't imagine they really look down on you. They more than likely Mark you as a potential threat should things go to crap.
When you and your family are starving you will try anything to get food. That is what happens when you fail to prepare. Same as buying insurance. Do you not buy insurance too?

we are not in times or place where i have to have 6 month's supply of food or 30k rounds of ammo.  if that's how you feel that's your call.  I am not scared to go outside of my house and look around if that's how you feel then it's your call. but what i hate is people trying to scare me into a time that is not here yet.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Phast12

• Copper Member
« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2016, 07:10:46 PM »
we are not in times or place where i have to have 6 month's supply of food or 30k rounds of ammo.  if that's how you feel that's your call.  I am not scared to go outside of my house and look around if that's how you feel then it's your call. but what i hate is people trying to scare me into a time that is not here yet.

semp
I would never try and scare or belittle someone for there choice, I do however point out facts sometimes to try and help someone make an informed decision. Like FEMA recommends a minimum of three days food and water on hand in case of a natural disaster, But what one does with the info is up to them.
Phast
JG4
WW1 - Jasta 11

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2016, 08:16:11 PM »

semp

Everyone can do as they wish. I have no problem with that as do most individuals who are prepared.

I'm good with that. I'll say good luck to you and your family.

I insure my family just in case. We have a group in our neighborhood. We have offered others to join and most have. Everyone has something to offer. We have power, water (three wells one very deep), ability to clean surface water. one year of food per family, ammunition, guns, two doctors (one a surgeon), four nurses (two triage), and firewood. The most important reason we have ammunition and guns is to protect our water and food supply from those that do not prepare.

Ammunition is also good to extend our food supply by hunting.

It all adds up to insurance. If you do not believe in insurance, then do not invest in it. Of course many companies require you to invest in some and that is for a reason.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2016, 10:02:50 PM »

semp

Regarding food storage;  Trouble is that WHEN you get to a time where you need it.  (natural disaster, unemployment or other financial trouble, terrorist attack, etc..)  then it's too late to get it.  The whole point is to build a reserve when times are good, so you have it when times are bad.  Superstorm Sandy and hurricane Katrina are 2 great example of the need to have some food stored.

It's not about being some crazy doomsday prepper.  I come from a church background where we are encouraged to have a years supply of food, and I personally know many people who have dipped into their food storage, and the MOST common reasons for doing so is financial hardships due to unexpected medical bills, or unemployment.  It's nice to know that if everything falls apart financially, at least you don't need to worry about how you'll pay for your next meal.

If you wait till you lose your job, or get hit with crazy medical bills, or a storm knocks out the power grid for 2 weeks, to get some food storage.... then it's already too late.

As for not having a first aid and/or trauma kit in your vehicle and home... that's just inexcusable to me.  You can pick up a good one for $40 or $50, they require no maintenance and little training to use, and they may well save a life someday.  I can't force people, but I think there is no excuse for every adult in the country not to know basic first aid, CPR and AED.

Be your own first responder people.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2016, 07:08:59 PM »
Regarding food storage;  Trouble is that WHEN you get to a time where you need it.  (natural disaster, unemployment or other financial trouble, terrorist attack, etc..)  then it's too late to get it.  The whole point is to build a reserve when times are good, so you have it when times are bad.  Superstorm Sandy and hurricane Katrina are 2 great example of the need to have some food stored.

It's not about being some crazy doomsday prepper.  I come from a church background where we are encouraged to have a years supply of food, and I personally know many people who have dipped into their food storage, and the MOST common reasons for doing so is financial hardships due to unexpected medical bills, or unemployment.  It's nice to know that if everything falls apart financially, at least you don't need to worry about how you'll pay for your next meal.

If you wait till you lose your job, or get hit with crazy medical bills, or a storm knocks out the power grid for 2 weeks, to get some food storage.... then it's already too late.

As for not having a first aid and/or trauma kit in your vehicle and home... that's just inexcusable to me.  You can pick up a good one for $40 or $50, they require no maintenance and little training to use, and they may well save a life someday.  I can't force people, but I think there is no excuse for every adult in the country not to know basic first aid, CPR and AED.

Be your own first responder people.

while I agree with you.  but it all depends where you live.  so take precautions based on that.  I live in san bernardino, so having 10k of ammo to go hunting is pretty much a dream.  I also live in a small apartment so putting all the foodstuff for 1 year will take a full bedroom which I cant.  that doesnt mean i havent planed.  I keep 2k in cash in my mattress.  while not a lot in san bernardino the only thing we have to worry about is earthquakes and looters after.  as for my car I always carry a box of gloves and a couple of clean tshirts.  if I happen on an accident that should take care of that, I need no stinking first aid kit.  and I am first aid certified.

I have about 40 bullets in my house and I dont feel the need to need more.  if you do, it's your choice.  if you need 1 year's supply of food I support you.  if you need 10k of ammo to go hunting I support you.  all I ask is dont look down on me.  I am not gonna go 4 states over to steal your food.

semp

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: December 19, 2016, 07:23:07 PM »

I wonder where in the car you'd keep gloves......

as for my car I always carry a box of gloves

semp
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2016, 06:54:01 AM »

I wonder where in the car you'd keep gloves......

Gloves go in the trunk or "bonnet."

The glove box is to be crammed full of crap you don't realize you'll never need until you clean out the glovebox when you sell the car.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2016, 07:19:05 AM »
 :rofl  good point.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2016, 08:02:08 AM »
Gloves go in the trunk or "bonnet."

The glove box is to be crammed full of crap you don't realize you'll never need until you clean out the glovebox when you sell the car.
You mean boot, unless you're talking about a porsche.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2016, 08:07:25 AM »
I think he meant the kind of soft hat that you tie onto your head.

I can't say what he meant by "trunk" but there's possibly junk in there.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2016, 11:23:22 AM »
I own a couple of guns and while I respect those who wish to carry, what I find annoying is in some who do carry to look down upon those of us who wish to not carry.

I dont carry a first aid kit in my car, I dont have a month's supply of food in my home.  I prefer to go every day to the store and buy what I need for that day or maybe a couple of days.  that's my choice and if you want to store more that is yours.

I believe in the second amendment, but I also believe it doesnt force me to own or carry anything in my possession.

semp
Then you are a problem to those who HAVE prepared because you'll be dependent on those that prepare.
Do you want to depend on the government to bring you water in a major event? Food? Is your plan to leech, beg and plea to those who are prepared?

Don't be "That guy".
Many events happen without much warning, be it Volcanic activity, Tornados, major storms, Earthquakes, mebbe something worse like solar flare that knocks out major power.

At LEAST have a two week supply on hand so you're not tripping over my front lawn begging for food. I won't give you any if you didn't have anything but pantry supplies on hand.

Hell, even the Government advertises on television to be prepared. They're telling you "We ain't gonna get to you as fast as you'd like".

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2016, 01:07:23 PM »
Then you are a problem to those who HAVE prepared because you'll be dependent on those that prepare.
Do you want to depend on the government to bring you water in a major event? Food? Is your plan to leech, beg and plea to those who are prepared?

Don't be "That guy".
Many events happen without much warning, be it Volcanic activity, Tornados, major storms, Earthquakes, mebbe something worse like solar flare that knocks out major power.

At LEAST have a two week supply on hand so you're not tripping over my front lawn begging for food. I won't give you any if you didn't have anything but pantry supplies on hand.

Hell, even the Government advertises on television to be prepared. They're telling you "We ain't gonna get to you as fast as you'd like".

Most ammunition set aside is not for hunting. Most of it would be used to protect our supplies from those who were not prepared.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2016, 01:58:43 PM »

Don't be "That guy".

Good for you that you are prepared.  Me I like eating fresh fruits and vegetables and meat.

I love it when you become so self righteous. 

Semp

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: December 20, 2016, 04:34:30 PM »
if you were wanting to get some food supplies... (speaking to anyone reading this)

we taste tested a bunch of different places before ordering and I'd recommend doing that .

We scored on ease of instructions for cooking and taste and price.
Personally we chose dailybread but there are others around. I think mountainhouse repackages dailybread at least partially in theirs. Food is food but there's no reason it should have to taste horrible.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 04:52:54 PM by Kanth »

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: December 20, 2016, 04:41:36 PM »
Down went the gunner, a bullet was his fate
Down went the gunner, and then the gunner's mate
Up jumped the sky pilot, gave the boys a look
And manned the gun himself as he laid aside The Book, shouting
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition
And we'll all stay free