Author Topic: MAJOR ISSUE AFTER RECENT UPDATE!!!!  (Read 1340 times)

Offline tuba515

• Copper Member
MAJOR ISSUE AFTER RECENT UPDATE!!!!
« on: December 01, 2016, 03:48:39 PM »
After the last update today , my ah wont even open   I get this message when I start it.    Initiation failed with -9 mainWLD_FAILD-1

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
Re: MAJOR ISSUE AFTER RECENT UPDATE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 04:05:20 PM »
They are working on it.  HTC posted several messages on the text buffer in-game. 

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 10:39:47 PM »
They are working on it.  HTC posted several messages on the text buffer in-game.

wondering just how posting in the game text buffer helps the OP who can't start the game.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 12:37:12 AM »
wondering just how posting in the game text buffer helps the OP who can't start the game.

By letting the OP know that HTC is aware of the issue and is working on addressing it.  Sheesh...some people.  :rolleyes:
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 06:55:44 AM »
LOL

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 07:53:14 AM »
By letting the OP know that HTC is aware of the issue and is working on addressing it.  Sheesh...some people.  :rolleyes:
The OP couldn't get into the game, HTC placed the message in the game, the OP would never see it. 
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 07:54:47 AM »
The OP couldn't get into the game, HTC placed the message in the game, the OP would never see it.

But the guy posted here what hitech had said in the game because he knew the op cohldnt get in the game. Most people call it relaying the message.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 08:01:02 AM »
But the guy posted here what hitech had said in the game because he knew the op cohldnt get in the game. Most people call it relaying the message.

I guess hitech couldn't have posted here and cut out the middle man, or perhaps sent the customer an eMail, letting him know it was being worked on, or perhaps both.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 09:53:58 PM »
I guess hitech couldn't have posted here and cut out the middle man, or perhaps sent the customer an eMail, letting him know it was being worked on, or perhaps both.

Why do you enjoy humping HiTech's ankle so much?
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 10:42:02 PM »

hitech posted in the thread below in the Technical Support Forum:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,383501.0.html

hitech's quoted post in the above thread:
Working on it, should be ready in 10 - 20 mins or so, running dx9 will fix dx11 when re release the new patch.

HiTech

The OP of this thread, posted the following quoted post in the above linked thread some 26 minutes after hitech had posted:
im getting also   Initiation failed with -9 mainWLD_FAILD-1

So I am wondering why even go on about keeping this thread going some 4 to 5 days later , after the fact and after the original poster of this thread had started 2 threads about his issue , 1 in the Help & Training Forum and another in the Technical Support Forum less than 2 minutes after he created this one here in the Help & Training Forum....... he made a total of 4 separate posts in 4 different threads about the same problem

The problem ( that other players were having as well ) was addressed by both hitech and Skuzzy and was fixed all on the same day within a matter of hours ( or less )

yet instead of acknowledging the obvious, this 4 to 5 day old thread just had to be bumped.... for some reason,

although I seem to be unable to find where anyone bumped it because they needed help! unless they need help in learning how to use the tools and abilities of the AH Message boards, which are readily available to everyone who is a member of this AH Community!

Hmm...

Hope This Helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 08:34:20 AM »
hitech posted in the thread below in the Technical Support Forum:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,383501.0.html

So I am wondering why even go on about keeping this thread going some 4 to 5 days later , after the fact and after the original poster of this thread had started 2 threads about his issue , 1 in the Help & Training Forum and another in the Technical Support Forum less than 2 minutes after he created this one here in the Help & Training Forum....... he made a total of 4 separate posts in 4 different threads about the same problem

I'm just responding to people questioning me.  They stop, I stop.  So stop already.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 10:26:37 AM »
The problem was only with the DX11 version of the game.  The DX9 version would run and if you did, it would update and correct the DX11 issue.

We posted about the problem is several places.  It was posted in the initial announcement and how to fix it as well.  I have since removed that as it was confusing those who did not have a problem and were calling/emailing asking what to do if they did not have the issue.  Yes, quite a few of those.

We also took every call and walked the player through correcting the problem.

About the only thing I think we missed was hiring someone to stand on the street corners with a sign talking about it.

The OP posted this the day it happened, and that is when we were everywhere getting it explained and fixing it.  Why this thread got bumped 4 days later is a mystery to me seeing as the problem had been dealt with and corrected within hours of it showing up.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 10:28:46 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com