Author Topic: Where can I get different plane sounds?  (Read 1495 times)

Offline killjoy1

• Copper Member
      • http://www.nortonfamily.net
Where can I get different plane sounds?
« on: December 01, 2016, 07:47:49 PM »
Anybody know where I can get plane sounds?
callsigns:  Rexx, Killjoy, Fluffy

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Where can I get different plane sounds?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 08:08:51 PM »
This is something that players will have to figure out for themselves.   The new sound system takes quite a bit more time to build the sound profiles.  So, until someone decides to spend the time to make some more.... the ones that are in the game will have to do.  I personally, do not have any problems with them.... well occasionally I do hear a skip in the sound loop of certain sounds but after taking a look at how they are now formed.  I would only try and develop any if I wanted to use them personally.  Too much work for someone to squeak about how horrible they would be .... imagine how it must feel to have hundreds of sound programs to compile. 

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 09:38:50 PM »
There are people working on them. It will take a lil more time.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 03:07:39 AM »
If you can figure out the new system you can convert your old AH2 sounds.

The new system is not the same as the old. I explained all of this in the video I made on how to make the conversions. The engines work on rpm, but tracks work on MPH. The new system has internal sounds, and then there are external sounds. The external sounds are one of the greatest features, in my opinion. What you hear externally can be made from airshow recordings, so you know the aircraft or tanks can have very characteristic sounds (recognizable).

The only problem is that it doesn't always work right. It has to be a bug of some sort, because the sounds in the game work fine. The way I approached things the tank tracks take the most time.

Anyway, even after the bugs are sorted out there is the possibility of sounds that never were in AH2, for instance the track sounds. In AH2 the tracks always sounded the same, but in AH3 they can change rates. MG sounds also are different, because you can add random pitch changes so that the MGs do not sound as mechanical, and regular. I am planning on getting some great recordings of the guns we have in the game, but that won't happen any time soon.

Anyway, three more weeks of school and I will be finished and then I can concentrate on more FMod work.

If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.