Author Topic: "observer" crew position for 17lb gun  (Read 308 times)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
"observer" crew position for 17lb gun
« on: December 15, 2016, 09:05:46 AM »
Not my original idea, but I think it deserves to be a "wish".

Add an "observer" position to the 17lb gun with views that are not restricted to straight ahead in the gunsight.
It would work just like the observer position in GVs.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: "observer" crew position for 17lb gun
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 03:00:55 PM »
It would be the commander view which is the default with the white ring in GVs. It is not like we could abuse it the way we did with F3 when the 17lber was first introduced. Zoom in that mode would be more useful considering the trees we now have.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 01:20:00 PM »
+1  :aok
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 01:59:16 PM »
+1
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 02:19:42 PM »
The 88 is probably the most effective anti-tank gun, except it is really, really slow to turn. I like the 17-lbr, but usually the gun is dead before a tank gets to where you can see it.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 07:36:29 AM »
It would be the commander view which is the default with the white ring in GVs. It is not like we could abuse it the way we did with F3 when the 17lber was first introduced. Zoom in that mode would be more useful considering the trees we now have.
How was it abused?  I don't recall this being a thing.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 01:24:14 PM »
In F3 mode you could set yourself high above the gun and see over trees while aiming and shooting the 17lb. Made a huge number of magic shots that way which baffled GVers. Commander mode would give you a 360 ability to use zoom from a fixed height which would replicate the spotter with his binoculars.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.