Author Topic: VR  (Read 981 times)

Offline Onyx13

• Zinc Member
VR
« on: December 18, 2016, 01:46:23 PM »
What equipment do I need to get, so I can fly using Vr. Is it hard to set up? I am not the most computer savvy guy around.   

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Re: VR
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 02:15:55 PM »
You will need a VR headset, and a computer capable of running it.
The Oculus Rift seems to be popular for this type of game. The Oculus site: https://www.oculus.com/
Hope that helps.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 03:11:48 PM »

With the Oculus it is NOT hard to setup. Oculus has a process that walks you through it really well.

Is it hard to set up?
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Onyx13

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 06:46:43 PM »
Thanks guy's. Anyone here use one of these. Do you get motion sick with it ?

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 06:58:07 PM »
I have the rift. i did get very motion sick after a few minutes (for like several hours).

Day 2 I still got motion sick for about 20 mins after about 30 mins gentle usage.

Day 3 mild motion sickness.

Now I don't get anything at all.  It helps if you don't get all crazy with the moves when you first go out.
Looking straight ahead and gentle banking. The more you use it the less motion sick you will be.

Also if you can get a small fan to blow in your face to offset any heat from the mask and it also helps with motion sickness and also fogging of the lenses.

It's not too terrible and it goes away. Some say candied ginger also helps I haven't tried it.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.