Author Topic: So I'm watching the military channel and guess what?  (Read 10002 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: So I'm watching the military channel and guess what?
« Reply #120 on: February 06, 2017, 12:02:42 PM »

This is the country club of games, not the McDonalds. Country clubs don't advertise, they recruit people from their social interactions and make them members.

You tried signing people up and you couldn't do it, so that model won't work? You have a high opinion of your salesmanship and social networking to declare failure for all.  :salute

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Who is John Galt?

Offline Rash

• Silver Member
« Reply #122 on: February 07, 2017, 06:00:41 PM »
Two 15 tank teams can go head to head!?
The UNFORGIVEN

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2017, 04:22:00 PM »
Two 15 tank teams can go head to head!?

I saw three tank trucks on the highway this morning. I squawked them on radio (breaker one nine) then told them to keep the little one in their britches and the big one between the ditches.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #124 on: February 17, 2017, 05:16:38 PM »

So for you it is the eye candy? Just how many ways do you think you can play a WWll style game and keep it somewhat realistic? What is boring about it to yo and what would you change to make it not boring to you?

I think it's rational to consider both. There really needs to be a map making team to create different maps. There could be votes on maps to see which ones create the most excitement. Maybe even change the map from 2am-10AM eastern to a smaller map that condenses the players. In my opinion the maps and base distance make all the difference in the world in terms of making the action a little quicker and easier to find.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2017, 03:18:40 PM »
So for you it is the eye candy? Just how many ways do you think you can play a WWll style game and keep it somewhat realistic? What is boring about it to yo and what would you change to make it not boring to you?

The"boring" part of AH for the majority of players who enjoy fighter combat is the tempo of the action. Rolling from a base that takes 20 minutes to get into the action is slow. Especially if there are only 2-3 players to fight agaisnt. If most of the players are scattered around a large map during low #s, the fights will be slower. If there are a lot of players on the map but the bases are too far away in most areas, it causes hoarding and lack of defense participation. When bases are too far away in some areas it causes no fights in those areas, which would be important areas for fights to happen. Take a look at how Montis creates 4-6 good fights around the map most of the time. Thats because the front's arent too far away and the map is compact so people can easily find action around the map on all 3 sides. There's simply no reason a large spread out map should be on during Euro hours when there's no condensed action or directional game play for players to get excited about the fights.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 03:22:56 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2017, 03:59:32 PM »
If Getting to a base takes time it opens up different options..
You could meet Co alt in the middle..could be met on route with them at alt or you could get to their base with alt advantage..
These things change with the fluidness of the battle and numbers on both sides..
It creates more options and different game play which are all fun..if you have the advantage or not..
Also makes you fight for the advantage in the battle..not just the individual fight..
Base separation does create more options for game play..
I think there should be a mix of base distances ..mix it up a tad..
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."