Author Topic: Eliminate Default Scaled/Lagged Control Deflection  (Read 3548 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Eliminate Default Scaled/Lagged Control Deflection
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2017, 11:43:35 AM »
I think there's a coded lag.   At least four of us are seeing it.  So what you said above must be it.

I only fly the p51  I tried it many times yesterday in the air.  it was instantaneous.  but I am curious about your idea of why would hitech coded that way just for you while in the ground?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2017, 02:30:54 PM »
I only fly the p51  I tried it many times yesterday in the air.  it was instantaneous.  but I am curious about your idea of why would hitech coded that way just for you while in the ground?

semp

Have you bothered to even read the thread?   (Rhetorical question.  The answer is clearly NO.)

Welcome to my ignore list.  You really contribute nothing other than snark. 

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2017, 03:09:49 PM »
Have you bothered to even read the thread?   (Rhetorical question.  The answer is clearly NO.)

Welcome to my ignore list.  You really contribute nothing other than snark.

if it happens to you in the ground while you arent moving then why does it matter to you.  not like you are gonna spend hours looking at it.  in the air it doesnt happen.  so you want something fixed that has very low priority.

semp

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2017, 03:25:45 PM »
if it happens to you in the ground while you arent moving then why does it matter to you.  not like you are gonna spend hours looking at it.  in the air it doesnt happen.  so you want something fixed that has very low priority.

semp

It happens ALL THE TIME, the ground test eliminates air loads as a factor.   This was already explained.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2017, 04:06:55 PM »

semp

The control surfaces are all affected by speed to various degrees. The question is if the low speed affect is too great. The rate at which the rudder can go to full deflection seems likely to affect low speed maneuvering so that's why the deflection rate on the runway is an issue.

Hitech has flown a P-51 and I haven't so I'm inclined to go with his choice.  I'm assuming the other guy had his feet off the pedals.  :D

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2017, 04:12:23 PM »
It happens ALL THE TIME, the ground test eliminates air loads as a factor.   This was already explained.

I tried it about 20 times while in the air yesterday.  the rudder movement was instantaneous.  I nearly broke my stick trying to go full left or right as fast as I could.  I crashed my plane once as I lost control while low on the ground.

semp

semp

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2017, 04:16:15 PM »
Semp it's not that the rudder lags before it starts moving, it's that the rudder finishes moving after the controller stops moving when you move the controller quickly.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2017, 04:20:53 PM »
Semp it's not that the rudder lags before it starts moving, it's that the rudder finishes moving after the controller stops moving when you move the controller quickly.

that's what I am talking about.  I go full rudder in my pony and when my hand stops the rudder stops.  I am gonna go fly it again in a couple of minutes.  this is why I dont understand what he's talking about I have been flying the pony for 2 or 3 years at least.  I would have noticed it if it happened to me while in the air.

sep

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2017, 04:33:42 PM »
that's what I am talking about.  I go full rudder in my pony and when my hand stops the rudder stops.  I am gonna go fly it again in a couple of minutes.  this is why I dont understand what he's talking about I have been flying the pony for 2 or 3 years at least.  I would have noticed it if it happened to me while in the air.

sep

That's basically what Ack-Ack posted. Hence the conundrum because I know what I'm seeing and it's not what you're reporting.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2017, 06:08:52 PM »
I checked the rudders at low speed the move as I move the controls.

semp

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2017, 07:16:39 PM »
I checked the rudders at low speed the move as I move the controls.

semp

That's how it is for everybody.