Author Topic: Would this be feasible?  (Read 1359 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Would this be feasible?
« on: January 08, 2017, 03:09:38 AM »
This is just some food for thought.  :uhoh I wonder how hard it would be to run the game with some changes(like most think is a problem) on a month by month or even map by map trial? Like have a vote on some of the key gripes about game play and see what the consensus is. Like go a month with no eny or a month with side switch times set below 6 hours or even maybe a 2 country map? Let the voting be open to any active player,not  bbs subscribers that arent in the arenas. True, most players dont use the BBS but a MOD could alert those players that there is a vote and to sign up to BBS to cast one. I think this could go a long way to help out some of the perceived dislikes? Yes, I know, someone is still gonna gripe because they didnt get their way, but votes have consequences. I also know that this isnt a Democratic Republic and Hightech really has no obligation to change anything, but this maybe could cut down on the whining? I love this game! You guys are just about the only non family contacts I have, on a daily basis. This displeasure about game play bothers me! I dont like thinking that folk will quit the game over some of these issues. :cheers: So like I said, :headscratch: just some food for thought.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 03:20:44 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: Would this be feasible?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 03:49:26 AM »
How dare you!
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 06:11:04 AM »
first change is to remove all manned ack and auto ack.  yes! no more puffy ack as the only enemy, that's always there.  :pray

we will not tolerate flying ten minutes to play chicken with a computer! a computer that is simply toying with me.

And no more grinning manned gun drivers with one shot kills on bored pilots!

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 07:06:15 AM »
Much of the feedback on the forums (whining) can be fixed with changes in players' behavior. In the spirit of full disclosure, I have bombed-and-bailed, Ho'd, ran to ack, bombed buildings, resupplied towns and most of the actions that people complain about. Not often, but I am not without dishonorable moments.

Stuff like ENY, just fly different planes. For ack, kill the guns. For ridiculously accurate 5" guns, fly somewhere else.

Don't pout about others not playing your style. Change what you control: your own actions and attitude.

HiTech is not totally insensitive to player feedback. Changes to the game happen from time to time based on player feedback. The strat layout, low altitude detection limit for radar, radar circle size ... and others I can't recall.

It's not all bad. Have fun while the game lasts.  :banana:

GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 07:06:32 AM »
first change is to remove all manned ack and auto ack.  yes! no more puffy ack as the only enemy, that's always there.  :pray

we will not tolerate flying ten minutes to play chicken with a computer! a computer that is simply toying with me.

lets ban GV's also whilst your at it!     :P
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 08:34:43 AM »
This is just some food for thought.  :uhoh I wonder how hard it would be to run the game with some changes(like most think is a problem) on a month by month or even map by map trial? Like have a vote on some of the key gripes about game play and see what the consensus is. Like go a month with no eny or a month with side switch times set below 6 hours or even maybe a 2 country map? Let the voting be open to any active player,not  bbs subscribers that arent in the arenas. True, most players dont use the BBS but a MOD could alert those players that there is a vote and to sign up to BBS to cast one. I think this could go a long way to help out some of the perceived dislikes? Yes, I know, someone is still gonna gripe because they didnt get their way, but votes have consequences. I also know that this isnt a Democratic Republic and Hightech really has no obligation to change anything, but this maybe could cut down on the whining? I love this game! You guys are just about the only non family contacts I have, on a daily basis. This displeasure about game play bothers me! I dont like thinking that folk will quit the game over some of these issues. :cheers: So like I said, :headscratch: just some food for thought.

Many HAVE quit. Most of the complaints can be laid at the players feet. Game play is what has caused most of the issues.

Resupply towns, because they cant fight their way out of a wet paper bag/ dont want to die.
run from fights, because they cant fight their way out of a wet paper bag/ dont want to die.
bomb and bail, takes too long to get back/because they cant fight their way out of a wet paper bag/ dont want to die.
ENY, must be on the winnning team and that means more numbers because they cant fight their way out of a wet paper bag/ dont want to die.

Unfortunately the players aren't going to change how they play, its a generational thing. Gamers play for a single goal "WIN the war", where those of us who are complaining are looking for the whole experience of the "war", minus all the messy parts.

HTC CAN fix it by adjusting the game mechanics making it harder for large groups, and easier for small ones to take bases. Imagine the "horde" split into 5-6 small attacks on 5-6 bases. Even the low numbered team would have a chance to hold them off at some bases. More fights, more fun.

To the point, "Would this be feasible?", Im a firm believer that ANYTHING is possible. Will HTC make changes? I hope so because it getting harder and harder to find a good fight any more and the numbers seem to show that we are NOT headed in the right direction with what we have.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2017, 08:59:40 AM »

To the point, "Would this be feasible?", Im a firm believer that ANYTHING is possible. Will HTC make changes? I hope so because it getting harder and harder to find a good fight any more and the numbers seem to show that we are NOT headed in the right direction with what we have.

I disagree. Since AHIII's gone live, I find a significant increase in dogfites. NDIsles always has a lively furball on the center isle. While it's not my favorite map, Sawzall always has dogfites going on.

As for numbers, as has been surmised by others, once the bugs of AHIII are a thing of the past, I'm betting that HTC will step up it presence on social media and inaugurate an advertising campaign. While the game will probably never see the Titanic Tuesday crowds of 600+, we're seeing numbers in excess of 200 on weekends...which is a pretty good jump over the numbers from the last few years.

my 02 cents <S>

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 09:26:30 AM »

I often busted your Squads, CH's, as well as Jokers Jokers missions.   You leave one manned ack up and I'd get 4-5 before anyone realized it.   It is not the games fault that some exercise complacency.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 10:09:19 AM »

Many HAVE quit. Most of the complaints can be laid at the players feet. Game play is what has caused most of the issues.

Resupply towns, because they cant fight their way out of a wet paper bag/ dont want to die.
run from fights, because they cant fight their way out of a wet paper bag/ dont want to die.
bomb and bail, takes too long to get back/because they cant fight their way out of a wet paper bag/ dont want to die.
ENY, must be on the winnning team and that means more numbers because they cant fight their way out of a wet paper bag/ dont want to die.

Unfortunately the players aren't going to change how they play, its a generational thing. Gamers play for a single goal "WIN the war", where those of us who are complaining are looking for the whole experience of the "war", minus all the messy parts.

HTC CAN fix it by adjusting the game mechanics making it harder for large groups, and easier for small ones to take bases. Imagine the "horde" split into 5-6 small attacks on 5-6 bases. Even the low numbered team would have a chance to hold them off at some bases. More fights, more fun.

Every thing was spot on except the red bit. All that would happen is a horde will run capture bases one at a time, only much faster. Easier goal achievement will not end the existing mob mentality.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 10:24:20 AM »
Every thing was spot on except the red bit. All that would happen is a horde will run capture bases one at a time, only much faster. Easier goal achievement will not end the existing mob mentality.

If the horde was spit you would have 5 or 6 fights going on at the same time. While an undermanned team isn't going to be able to stop them all they could stop a number of them and not feel so over whelmed as they do now with a horde of 50 players to take a single V base.

Im not looking to have everything "even steven" , Im just looking for it to be more fun with out it being so discouraging/frustrating.

I disagree. Since AHIII's gone live, I find a significant increase in dogfites. NDIsles always has a lively furball on the center isle. While it's not my favorite map, Sawzall always has dogfites going on.

As for numbers, as has been surmised by others, once the bugs of AHIII are a thing of the past, I'm betting that HTC will step up it presence on social media and inaugurate an advertising campaign. While the game will probably never see the Titanic Tuesday crowds of 600+, we're seeing numbers in excess of 200 on weekends...which is a pretty good jump over the numbers from the last few years.

my 02 cents <S>

Wish I was flying were you were then yesterday as I said, there were almost zero fights for the Rooks, unless you call chasing TU2s a fight, or manning the guns on a ship shooting another ship killing guns a fight. Buzzsaw has become the worst map for fighting.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2017, 11:24:08 AM »
If the horde was spit you would have 5 or 6 fights going on at the same time. While an undermanned team isn't going to be able to stop them all they could stop a number of them and not feel so over whelmed as they do now with a horde of 50 players to take a single V base.

Im not looking to have everything "even steven" , Im just looking for it to be more fun with out it being so discouraging/frustrating.

Wish I was flying were you were then yesterday as I said, there were almost zero fights for the Rooks, unless you call chasing TU2s a fight, or manning the guns on a ship shooting another ship killing guns a fight. Buzzsaw has become the worst map for fighting.

What makes you think that the horde will split up? I doubt they would very much. There might be a small group that would go off to roll unopposed bases, but they'd clear out at the first sign of resistance.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 11:59:21 AM »
The majority of the issues will be solved with maps that have a structured base mapping and closer together bases for easier defense from a back field. TT or FI are not the answer. Those can be utilized on other arenas. It should be offence/defense structured with 18 -15 mile apart bases.

The problem with manned guns is that there is really no "risk for the reward". So a person could be having a great 20 min sortie with 5 kills (risk for reward), and then get popped out of the air by some manned gunner who just hopped in it for shiz and gigs, without having to worry about the time (risk/score). In real life that manner gunner still had a life (risk). In AH it doesn't. Your "time" is your life. 
Maybe manned guns should be perked or not even allowed?

CVs are my only exception for manned guns. That said, I'd like the auto computer ack to be a little less accurate.

Eny will fix itself once the map has better playability. I also think some planes like the 190D, 109K, G14, Yak3, need to be lowered. We should encourage players to fly higher eny planes, that would make the fights more fun and automatically more fair.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 12:26:36 PM »

First of all we do need ack because everyone would just rush or vulch bases. As much as I hate ack due to getting shot while not close to the field suck. The large airfields needs to go.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2017, 12:43:58 PM »
What makes you think that the horde will split up? I doubt they would very much. There might be a small group that would go off to roll unopposed bases, but they'd clear out at the first sign of resistance.

Your not understanding what Im saying. If the dynamics were set to say.....

40 attackers with in 5 miles of the base under attack all building would increase hardness 300%

5 attackers with in 5 miles of the base under attack all building would increase hardness -50%

You could still run a "horde" if you want, so they are not taking away anything, but you would need a lot more ord to actually hit the target. On the other hand if you split your horde to attack 6 bases at once you need much less ord to hit the target. I would think you'd start getting "squads" that would attack a base instead of a horde attacking a base. especially if the hardness changes automatically. You'd have players directing others to hit different bases so as to not harden the targets.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2017, 12:54:40 PM »
I could note code a thing so take this as an uninformed opinion.  Best I can tell, HTC game coding has a large number of cross ties across the whole game including scoring.  Make a small change and you send a ripple effect too a large wave through the rest of the software.

We all thought as an example hardening the HQ would be a piece of cake.  It was not best I can tell.