Author Topic: Would this be feasible?  (Read 1360 times)

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
Re: Would this be feasible?
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2017, 03:11:42 PM »
We all have opinions and mine is that buzzsaw is a excellent map for both quick tank battles and quick air battles, the bases are close enough you do not have to fly a long distance to get action. The high altitude base take more skill to get airplanes such as IL-2 up to kill tanks.

If the horde was spit you would have 5 or 6 fights going on at the same time. While an undermanned team isn't going to be able to stop them all they could stop a number of them and not feel so over whelmed as they do now with a horde of 50 players to take a single V base.

Im not looking to have everything "even steven" , Im just looking for it to be more fun with out it being so discouraging/frustrating.

Wish I was flying were you were then yesterday as I said, there were almost zero fights for the Rooks, unless you call chasing TU2s a fight, or manning the guns on a ship shooting another ship killing guns a fight. Buzzsaw has become the worst map for fighting.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2017, 04:58:05 PM »
 :aok We are getting there, pretty decent discussion so far.   I am not talking about MAJOR overhauls or restructuring of maps...yet. That can happen later. What I am talking about specifically are some of the smaller squabbles/problems that are voiced in the BBS. Like whether  or not the play IS or IS NOT better with /without ENY. Changes in resup times(again,as it was changed just recently,obviously not enough per some in here) or ack lethality turned up/ done away with. Most of the changes I would like to have worked out are all settings that can be set as you want in custom arenas. Dont think it would be too hard for Hightech to change them month by month. Sort of throw it at the wall and see what happens. I am really just looking to resolve some of the negativity that these issues cause.Not trying to change player mentality, just looking for something more positive :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2017, 06:48:41 PM »
Voting or polling can be done on the Arena Message.

Problem is that people do not vote improvements, they vote their style of game.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2017, 03:01:29 PM »
 :aok True SIR!. Thats sort of why I brought it up. Here is why, if the majority vote on a particular feature wouldnt that mean the majority would quit griping about that feature? I know you could never get the gripes to zero, but it could stunt the numbers of gripes? I just dislike all these little squabbles. Work them out, one issue at a time and see what the players decide is the majority opinion THEN LET IT be SETTLED and done. Asking for too much maybe, I get it, just trying to help :bhead
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2017, 03:19:50 PM »
THEN LET IT be SETTLED and done.

Asking for too much maybe, I get it, just trying to help :bhead
Correct.
Thanks for the thought.

Consider the possibility that people gripe because their personalty makes them look for something to gripe about. If you remove that something, something else will always fill the need.

HiTech

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2017, 03:24:08 PM »
It is a viscous cycle...

:rock
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2017, 04:36:08 PM »
Correct.
Thanks for the thought.

Consider the possibility that people gripe because their personalty makes them look for something to gripe about. If you remove that something, something else will always fill the need.

HiTech
Always room for improvement personality probably comes off as griping personality through text....
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2017, 06:43:21 PM »
Hitech you just hurt my brain with the zen of your double quote....... that was one hard hand clapping sound I didn't hear.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2017, 12:38:25 AM »
Correct.
Thanks for the thought.

HiTech
Unfortunately, you are correct again Sir! I stated that earlier, it just gets old reading the same gripes...I know"welcome to my world" right? I couldnt do what you guys do...well with out reinstating DUELLING :salute

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2017, 08:19:28 AM »
Correct.
Thanks for the thought.

HiTech

Always room for improvement personality probably comes off as griping personality through text....

I believe you proved my point.

Not sure what happen the first time around buster, then trying to fix it on my tab last night it disappeared.
This is what it was supposed to be.

HiTech

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2017, 10:44:55 AM »
the trick to incite change is to abuse it, actions speak louder than words.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 10:50:11 AM by Randall172 »

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2017, 05:32:28 AM »
I could note code a thing so take this as an uninformed opinion.  Best I can tell, HTC game coding has a large number of cross ties across the whole game including scoring.  Make a small change and you send a ripple effect too a large wave through the rest of the software.

We all thought as an example hardening the HQ would be a piece of cake.  It was not best I can tell.

The HQ is all but impossible to take down from the air, why it's even in the game is puzzling to me.

Bring back the big maps  :aok

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2017, 05:51:59 AM »

Many HAVE quit. Most of the complaints can be laid at the players feet. Game play is what has caused most of the issues.

Resupply towns, because they cant fight their way out of a wet paper bag/ dont want to die.
run from fights, because they cant fight their way out of a wet paper bag/ dont want to die.
bomb and bail, takes too long to get back/because they cant fight their way out of a wet paper bag/ dont want to die.
ENY, must be on the winnning team and that means more numbers because they cant fight their way out of a wet paper bag/ dont want to die.

Unfortunately the players aren't going to change how they play, its a generational thing. Gamers play for a single goal "WIN the war", where those of us who are complaining are looking for the whole experience of the "war", minus all the messy parts.

HTC CAN fix it by adjusting the game mechanics making it harder for large groups, and easier for small ones to take bases. Imagine the "horde" split into 5-6 small attacks on 5-6 bases. Even the low numbered team would have a chance to hold them off at some bases. More fights, more fun.

To the point, "Would this be feasible?", Im a firm believer that ANYTHING is possible. Will HTC make changes? I hope so because it getting harder and harder to find a good fight any more and the numbers seem to show that we are NOT headed in the right direction with what we have.

Well they have made some nice changes.... that small V-Base with the indestructible Vehicle Hangar....some good fights there for sure. Almost hoard proof

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2017, 03:50:44 PM »
Correct.
Thanks for the thought.

HiTech

OK OK WTH fixed HiTech's spell check.  :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2017, 04:05:11 PM »
Some people just don't like to be told "No" and keep jamming the conversation with "what if's" and eventual unbridled insults because at the core of their argument is: I want what I want and anyone who disagrees with me is some kind of an "xxxxxxxxist" and obviously stupider than me because I can see clearly they are an "xxxxxxxxist" which disqualifies their arguments. Even if it's an argument with Einstein about relativity. Some are shrewd enough not to go as far as "xxxxxxxxist" so they don't get thrown out of the room.

Social discourse for the 21st century and how to get what you want, influence un-freinding, and make enemies and new BORGettes in cyberspace. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.