Author Topic: Would this be feasible?  (Read 1361 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Would this be feasible?
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2017, 04:29:52 PM »
HUH? Not sure where that came from    Maybe a different thread? This has been mostly positive, at least I read it that way. I didnt get the My way or highway vibe that you were noting. Maybe I missed something :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2017, 04:51:54 PM »
scenario:

Hitech says No.

Player or players keep "what ifing" because they do not want No, and think Hitech's reason is kakka and they know better than he because they play the game so have first hand experience and other nonsense like that.

Hitech says NO!!

Players or player now want(s) the last word to show Hitech is an old meenie either overtly or subtly depending on their tolerance for PNG or level of social grace in public settings.

As for positive, when Hitech responds with a mirror to the player say No, and he has to respond again because the last word is more important than accepting his response. Sure it's just a difference of opinion, or was on the first response, the second was to get the message "no" through the fingers in the ears.

Welcome to public discourse in the 21st Century in the cybersphere.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2017, 07:55:30 PM »
I GOT IT! Skuzzy is sick and has been all week. The HiTech spell check needs to be reset maybe every other day to keep it confused. He has not been there to do it. Hmmmm could it be that Skuzzy has been the spell check culprit all this time?

Interesting!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2017, 02:33:09 PM »
Guess I didnt see where he said NO! Looked to me as was just a "IN a perfect world, maybe? Welcome to my world though. Been theredone that" Guess I take things as they are and dont read between the line, esp when I dont see between the lines. Maybe I should learn to read? Wasnt trying to change the world, just looking for positivism instead of gripes. Whatever, never was good at reading minds, I prefer straight up questions and answers.  :bolt:  Any further posts from me, WERE NOT trying to get in the last word at all. Not sure how you came to that. All i said was, right, you are correct. Never hurts to try. Maybe you are a bit too accustomed to reading negative things on BBS? Simply trying to be positive. I have no ego to stroke on here, was simply a discussion. Trying to get a different sort of direction for discussion. I see way to many complaints and ZERO suggestions. Whether suggestions mean any thing or not, imo, is irrelevant as I was looking for suggestions not more gripes. I was the only one who this mattered for. I wanted to see something other than complaints and I did. I never expected anything else. Was started by me, for me :rock I got exactly what I was hoping to find. That most of you guys are on the same page as I am. The negativity was bumming me out.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 02:51:36 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2017, 03:15:22 PM »
Ok, went back and reread from beginning...I see where I missed the clue! :noid May have been simpler to just ask "what do you love about AH?" That maybe wouldnt have come off as The Always room for improvement=griping(or could be) Wasnt my goal, but I see it know :salute

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2017, 06:01:13 PM »
Aces High is a toy not a game. You play with it to entertain yourself.  It won't entertain you.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2017, 07:02:09 PM »
Aces High is a toy not a game. You play with it to entertain yourself.  It won't entertain you.

I have to disagree with this. When Oddcaf was leading the squad in AH2 Squad nights were all kinds of things. pingo, caps, base takes, fighter sweeps in LA5s or some lowly hanger queen. He entertained all of us as Im sure we did him with some of our antics.

There are/were a number of well known players , ET, Mugz (old one not the new one) and a few on the knits and bish sides as well that put in the time to make the game entertaining. Whether it is goofy missions, or hard core (ET even does radio chatter to sound like WWI mission flights) PEOPLE make this game entertaining.

Thats were the problems come from now, less players thinking about making it fun for everyone and instead concentrating on their own satisfaction. The old "It's my $15 and Ill do what I want to" line

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2017, 07:13:47 PM »
They are all part of the toy.  The people are still there, albeit different.  The fun is still there, albeit different.  I've seen it.  Just got to play with your toy differently.   :aok
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2017, 03:04:32 AM »
They are all part of the toy.  The people are still there, albeit different.  The fun is still there, albeit different.  I've seen it.  Just got to play with your toy differently.   :aok
Whole heartedly agree. I have yet to find anything in AH that isnt fun, on some level! Just get tired of all complaints and no ideas on improving. It just got to me here of late. This game and the folk who play it are pretty much my only human interaction, other than family! MS has curtailed my social life greatly. Just being online and talking with others makes it fun for me. I thank God everyday for Dale and the crew! Who would have thought, that a community like AH was able to make such a profound difference to ones life? I sure didnt! To me, that is priceless  :rock