Author Topic: new radar ring obscures enemy radar bar  (Read 311 times)

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
new radar ring obscures enemy radar bar
« on: January 20, 2017, 02:24:30 AM »
When radar rings overlap and are disabled (red), enemy radar bars are obscured (circled).

92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
Re: new radar ring obscures enemy radar bar
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 09:07:48 AM »
From what I understood, HiTech is in the process of changing up the colors/functionality of the radars and what not.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 01:11:20 PM »
I don't have any issue with the darker tinted DAR ring while it's up. Not too obtrusive. I really don't like the red tint when down. Especially where they overlap. It's just tooo red there. I don't know what color you could make it that wouldn't interfere with somebody's gui color selections. I think a better idea would be to just have the ring disappear when it's down? Nothing to see anyway right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 02:07:16 PM »
Instead of red how about nothing?  After all a dead radar and no radar are functionally identical (unless you count marking the radius of what will cause a base to flash, but then isn't that a separate setting that is usually set equal to the radar ring).

I would make one more suggestion: make the radar shading a union Venn diagram, not an intersection one.  I don't see any advantage to making the areas covered by two or more radars successively darker, and on terrains that have lots of overlapping radars, like Tankland, the multiple overlapping radars cause the map to go almost completely black.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 03:27:15 PM »
Hitech already said he changed the way the radar rings intersect; expect it to show up in a patch within the the week or so.

Yes, the radius for flashing a base is separate from the radius of the radar ring, but is almost always set the same so people can skirt a base without flashing it. If the radar ring disappeared when radar is down you can no longer see how close/far you need to be.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals