Author Topic: any squads  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Reaper

• Zinc Member
any squads
« on: January 22, 2017, 03:44:35 PM »
Any squads that bishop or knight willing to teach me.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: any squads
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 04:02:14 PM »
Any squads that bishop or knight willing to teach me.

Teach you what, and whats wrong with the Rooks? They have some really good players as well.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 02:59:55 PM »
AK's squad night is tonight (monday).  We rotate sides each month, I think we're Knights this month (getting old stinks).  Look me up if you want to fly with us.  We run structured missions on monday's.  This week it's "hanger queens"  :rock

Teach you what, and whats wrong with the Rooks? They have some really good players as well.
Don't you know all rooks are evil?   :bolt:

See ya on 2/1...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 03:23:10 PM »
POTW flys Knights...judging by your posts you are looking for a more P51D oriented group so it may not be a good fit but feel free to PM Waystin2 in game about coming to fly with us.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Reaper

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 04:25:31 PM »
first off the Rooks don't coordinate with each other and i've been trying to learn each plane within the game. but its hard!

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 11:49:29 AM »
first off the Rooks don't coordinate with each other and i've been trying to learn each plane within the game. but its hard!

Coordinating (read: hording) is more easily achieved when your country isn't outnumbered 2 to 1 by both nits and bishies.  Keep tabs on how "coordinated" a country gets once it loses numerical advantage.

And yes, learning each plane is hard.  Most people stick to a few go-to rides that give them the best chance of success.  <S> for trying them all.  :cheers:
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 12:42:59 PM »
Coordinating (read: hording) is more easily achieved when your country isn't outnumbered 2 to 1 by both nits and bishies.  Keep tabs on how "coordinated" a country gets once it loses numerical advantage.

And yes, learning each plane is hard.  Most people stick to a few go-to rides that give them the best chance of success.  <S> for trying them all.  :cheers:
ACM is ACM...no matter the plane.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 02:40:11 PM »
ACM is ACM...no matter the plane.

You don't say?   Learning each plane's strengths and weaknesses isn't ACM. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 03:23:13 PM »
You don't say?   Learning each plane's strengths and weaknesses isn't ACM.
No what I'm saying is generally speaking he shouldn't focus on learning a plane(If he wants to stick with a certain plane for historic reasons or something else like my reason for the 152...it's stall is unforgiving so you lose if you don't ride the edge), he should focus on ACM because it translates over to ALL planes.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Reaper

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2017, 04:36:51 PM »
No what I'm saying is generally speaking he shouldn't focus on learning a plane(If he wants to stick with a certain plane for historic reasons or something else like my reason for the 152...it's stall is unforgiving so you lose if you don't ride the edge), he should focus on ACM because it translates over to ALL planes.

both points of view are good. however ACM doesn't cover all planes performances because every plane has a different fly characteristic that differs from the other. and its also about your flying style. mine is coordination with fellow pilots and doing slashing attacks versus the turning fight. 

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2017, 06:30:09 PM »

both points of view are good. however ACM doesn't cover all planes performances because every plane has a different fly characteristic that differs from the other. and its also about your flying style. mine is coordination with fellow pilots and doing slashing attacks versus the turning fight.

Sounds like picking :aok not that I am against such endeavors.

Chuikov