Author Topic: eny revisions  (Read 3867 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: eny revisions
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2017, 08:44:58 PM »
So basically you guys want to make ENY even more of a nuisance, am I correct?
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2017, 08:46:03 PM »
I definitely agree with this post. Add in the 190D to 6 Eny aswell. It's too much of a nuisance and crutch ride IMO. I do think the ki84 and perhaps the yak 3 should be 8 or so. The spit16 and La7 should be perked. These types of planes make flying slower higher Eny planes not fun. They roll off a base, track you down at warp speed, so him and the boys can gang you. If there is more of an emphisis for players to fly mid war planes, the fights would be much more fun!!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2017, 12:23:02 AM »
So basically you guys want to make ENY even more of a nuisance, am I correct?
No I think ENY needs to be changed and those planes Caldera listed should have their ENY looked at.

And during prime time when you are not here and 200 are, is this let them eat dirt because it's not your playtime?

This is another aspect of ENY that makes things hard to sell. From your experience during low numbers late night just the bare bones function would work. From Junky's late night experience the M3 is the single most destructive element to good game play he can identify. Then both of you try to sell it to Hitech without showing how time of day and population numbers is effected by your observations. Lusche was good at that when he wanted something. And each member of the lynch mob joins in thinking it's one more documented indignity heaped on them by Hitech not caring about their own personal time of day indignities. And pretty soon you have a propaganda narrative that feeds itself and keeps those already indignant supplied with their ongoing indignity fix.

None of you at that point are interested in deconstructing anything in any sense that might interest Hitech. You fall back on throwing out quick fixes that aren't much more than no fix in the face of the problem. They are mostly changes for the sake of changing something because a group of players is unhappy and worked themselves into a tizzy once again over 14 years.

You could have talked to Hitech about the change in ENY scoring for rides two months ago, and by keeping the conversation none combatively alive over that time, probably gotten some of them changed with out going into lynch mob mode for all of that time. 
Change in planes ENY gets brought up about every 2 months so I wouldn't be surprised if you looked back and found a thread about changing ENY....actually I think I started one within the past 12 months mainly because the KI84 shouldn't be a higher ENY then the K4...Plane vs Plane in MA alts the KI84 is winning every time.

You act like we got our pitch forks out....a lot of things been asked for and discussed....and after that discussion I feel like we're absolutely right because of the reasons why not to just aren't good...most of which can be attached to any possible change to the game(For M3 resupply)...I don't need to make a Snail chart to be able to say with 100% certainty that it's faster to resupply a town then it is to drop one.

I definitely agree with this post. Add in the 190D to 6 Eny aswell. It's too much of a nuisance and crutch ride IMO. I do think the ki84 and perhaps the yak 3 should be 8 or so. The spit16 and La7 should be perked. These types of planes make flying slower higher Eny planes not fun. They roll off a base, track you down at warp speed, so him and the boys can gang you. If there is more of an emphisis for players to fly mid war planes, the fights would be much more fun!!
I disagree with perking anymore planes or tanks...I think all of them are fine right where they are.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2017, 06:00:22 AM »
I can not figure out why a few of you think the M3 is the villain.  I captured more bases last tour than most.  It is a simple matter of coordination to beat the m3 resupply if an imbalance is not the issue.

The buzsaw map is a perfect example of the problem is with the strats.  During the imbalance hours the starts get pounded.  A single 190 comes in and deacks a V base or town or airfield.  Now a player has to sit there doing nothing guarding the base or town.  Guns are down for 2 hours.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2017, 09:34:18 AM »
The 190D can do ONE thing better than most planes,  they can reset a fight by excelleing running/maneuverability at 400mph+ speed, in short : its a great one-trick-plane : Boom-zoomer

Turnfight with it, and you probably lose against La7,yak3,P51d', climb and you soon have a K4 or spit14 sticking out of your derriére.

They cannot energyfight with the best at different speeds, they can turn with a fraction of them, keep E lousy in turns.

They can probably earn a ENY10, not less.

About the Fw190F, its one of the best deacker in game, nothing else except dive abilites is good about it.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 09:52:02 AM by save »
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2017, 09:51:07 AM »
we were discussing eny on squad channel the other night and whilst it doesnt bother many of us we did agree that certain planes and vehicles could do with a change.

tu2  is 20  needs to be more like 10
spit 14 needs to be raised to match the 109 k4
m4 with rockets is the most popular gv to raid towns with lower it to 10.
ki84 needs lowering to 10 or 15.

im sure there are many more that need tweaking but the above is a start especially the m4 as it can kill towns way to fast.

Agree on all and wants to add:
Yak-3 and -9U should be lowered to 10 and 15 respectively.

''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2017, 10:19:01 AM »
If we are talking only plane vs plane the Fw190a8 should have ENY 35, however many vs many it's different thing.

No I think ENY needs to be changed and those planes Caldera listed should have their ENY looked at.
Change in planes ENY gets brought up about every 2 months so I wouldn't be surprised if you looked back and found a thread about changing ENY....actually I think I started one within the past 12 months mainly because the KI84 shouldn't be a higher ENY then the K4...Plane vs Plane in MA alts the KI84 is winning every time.

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2017, 04:03:20 PM »
The A8 is junk should be 30+ for sure.

I only see odd people fly them in the MA.   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2017, 04:32:06 PM »

:confused: :confused: :uhoh :uhoh :bolt:
Wag more, bark less.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2017, 08:12:30 PM »
If we are talking only plane vs plane the Fw190a8 should have ENY 35, however many vs many it's different thing.
I would say they are in a different class the the A8...they are more fighter interceptor where the A8 is more ground attack/ bomber killer so you would have to compare it to others like the P47s and Mossy
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2017, 09:25:38 PM »
The 190D can do ONE thing better than most planes,  they can reset a fight by excelleing running/maneuverability at 400mph+ speed, in short : its a great one-trick-plane : Boom-zoomer

Turnfight with it, and you probably lose against La7,yak3,P51d', climb and you soon have a K4 or spit14 sticking out of your derriére.

They cannot energyfight with the best at different speeds, they can turn with a fraction of them, keep E lousy in turns.

They can probably earn a ENY10, not less.

About the Fw190F, its one of the best deacker in game, nothing else except dive abilites is good about it.

Ahh, but the one trick boom n zoomer E natural, is the absolute best advantage a plane can have. The guns are the second. That's why the Temp is so deadly in AH, and I proved it. Thats why they made planes faster and not planes that can turn better in real life. Escaping the cons is a life or death situation. Thats why I think Jet fighter combat is boring compared to WW2 fighter combat. Secondly, it creates "no skill run to ack" game play because the plane cannot out turn most planes. This leaves the only option in the defense to excel away and "reset the fight", it creates lackadaisical game play because players don't have to use defensive maneuvers to escape a combat situation. When there are many players who fly the 190D into furballs it creates timid game play and alt monkeys because everyone has to fly the fastest plane to compete. It creates a "jet combat" atmosphere. The temp doesn't turn as well as the 190D, but that actually gives it an advantage because they can excel away from better turning planes and it doesn't matter. The realisation is that this type of flying is very boring because you can't simply "outturn" regular fighters like you can in your favorite fighter. The 190D has a great overall k/d, but most people die because they aren't patient enough to keep flying straight.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 09:27:13 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2017, 05:23:49 AM »

They are all creeps. Trust me  :old:

I would say they are in a different class the the A8...they are more fighter interceptor where the A8 is more ground attack/ bomber killer so you would have to compare it to others like the P47s and Mossy
The A8 is an easy kill against both in a 1vs1. The only 190 that pose a real danger to a mosquito at low alt is the A5. The D9 can at least save its hide by running and coming back with an advatage against the bored mosquito. If it slows down to fight, it dies.

Many on many, the 190s get exponentially better. In a squadron the A8 can be very successful even against the top late war fighters. D9s become a real pain in the ass.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2017, 07:32:31 AM »
The temp doesn't turn as well as the 190D,

Both with no flaps as well as full flaps the Tempest's turn radius is smaller and turn rate is higher.
In my time I would not try a flat turn contest against a Temp in the D-9, but the other way around I absolutely would.  The 190D pilot would be advised to make the best out of his significant roll rate advantage.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2017, 10:12:03 AM »
So how does ENY relate to MA usage among non perk planes. Let the free market decide the appropriate ENY and update it every quarter to make flying the less used and probably less capable / more challenging planes more enticing...

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2017, 10:47:12 AM »

Both with no flaps as well as full flaps the Tempest's turn radius is smaller and turn rate is higher.
In my time I would not try a flat turn contest against a Temp in the D-9, but the other way around I absolutely would.  The 190D pilot would be advised to make the best out of his significant roll rate advantage.

Well, I'd say the temp is much heavier and Less agile, which means it loses speed much more quickly. Off the gun the temp may have the advantage with E utilization in the emmilman, but if the fight got slower, I actually think the 190D would be better despite statistical charts. It's much more agile at slower speeds with the rollrate. I wouldn't mind taking this fight to the DA to see how it turns out for fun, as I don't know if I've ever had that fight before. I'm just basing my reasoning off feel and experience.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-