Author Topic: eny revisions  (Read 3879 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: eny revisions
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2017, 11:07:05 AM »
They are all creeps. Trust me  :old:
The A8 is an easy kill against both in a 1vs1. The only 190 that pose a real danger to a mosquito at low alt is the A5. The D9 can at least save its hide by running and coming back with an advatage against the bored mosquito. If it slows down to fight, it dies.

Many on many, the 190s get exponentially better. In a squadron the A8 can be very successful even against the top late war fighters. D9s become a real pain in the ass.
I'd agree that a mossy will kill an A8 but I'm talking about comparing them at ground attack and bomber killing...the A8 is more capable then the Mossy at killling bombers at a better de acker then both.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2017, 04:06:07 PM »
Well, I'd say the temp is much heavier and Less agile, which means it loses speed much more quickly. Off the gun the temp may have the advantage with E utilization in the emmilman, but if the fight got slower, I actually think the 190D would be better despite statistical charts. It's much more agile at slower speeds with the rollrate. I wouldn't mind taking this fight to the DA to see how it turns out for fun, as I don't know if I've ever had that fight before. I'm just basing my reasoning off feel and experience.

I'd back the tempy for sure.

Once the fight gets real slow the 190 has had it.   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2017, 09:03:12 PM »
 I would say the Mossie is as least as capable of killing buffs if the A8 don't wear the 30mm's- most I've talked with don't, because its totally useless against  fighters with the 30mm (unless they HO them).
Seem like many times the  Mossie get pilot wound after one or 2 bombers killed, whereas the A8 get a oil leak accomplishing the same.

Strafing ack's is the A8 domain since it can dive controlled at very high speeds, and use its firepower.
The F8 however is much better, you kills ack's outside their range with it's rockets.
The Mossie is ENY30 ....the A8 ENY20.

I'd agree that a mossy will kill an A8 but I'm talking about comparing them at ground attack and bomber killing...the A8 is more capable then the Mossy at killling bombers at a better de acker then both.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2017, 07:25:29 AM »
I agree that the A8 is the better attaker. The main reason is that the AH mossie does not take damage very well and is prone to pilot wounds. It is also a much bigger target and thus more likely to catch ack hits.

That said, the mossie VI should have a similar ENY to the A8 - both at ENY 25. The only reason for a higher ENY to the moss VI is due to its being a lot less popular in the arena.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2017, 09:09:23 AM »

You say tomato, Hitech says tomaaaaato, thats why these ENY numbers are all over the place.

Nobody..... except Hitech I guess really knows what the parameters are for setting ENY. How heavily does usage come in, how heavily does ammo load out/hitting power play into it, how heavily does bomb load, speed, high/low alt performance play into it? Nobody knows.

While you weight A8 as a superior buff killer, bozon may think the mossie is better at it, while others cant hit the broad side of a barn with cannons and so thin the A8 is a dog.

I do think that some of the changes suggested would really get the ENY debate going even stronger if that is possible.  :devil

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2017, 11:01:06 AM »
Just a minor comment therer Fugitive -
I agreed with JunkyII.

If you cite me, please do it correctly.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2017, 11:04:53 AM »
Just a minor comment therer Fugitive -
I agreed with JunkyII.

If you cite me, please do it correctly.

Im sorry, I was just posting examples and plugged a name in to make the point that what one player deems important another may find irrelevant which explains why there are always these discussions about ENY. Dont take things so personally.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2017, 11:25:07 AM »
Actually, Hitech did say something about ENY settings being visible.   I thought so anyway.   Somewhere on the clipboard menu.   Arena Settings?
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2017, 05:45:51 PM »
When you select a plane, ENY is  on the far right side
-Caldera

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2017, 06:41:55 PM »
When you select a plane, ENY is  on the far right side

Not that.

I was talking about when it kicks in.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2017, 09:14:56 PM »
Not that.

I was talking about when it kicks in.

You can check in the country stats on the clipboard, or now with the latest update, planes effected by ENY will be yellow on the list in the hanger.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2017, 11:20:24 PM »
You can check in the country stats on the clipboard, or now with the latest update, planes effected by ENY will be yellow on the list in the hanger.

I don't think ppl understand what I am saying here...
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2017, 11:35:04 PM »
You say tomato, Hitech says tomaaaaato, thats why these ENY numbers are all over the place.

Nobody..... except Hitech I guess really knows what the parameters are for setting ENY. How heavily does usage come in, how heavily does ammo load out/hitting power play into it, how heavily does bomb load, speed, high/low alt performance play into it? Nobody knows.

While you weight A8 as a superior buff killer, bozon may think the mossie is better at it, while others cant hit the broad side of a barn with cannons and so thin the A8 is a dog.

I do think that some of the changes suggested would really get the ENY debate going even stronger if that is possible.  :devil
Not a matter of thinking in this case....A8 is a better bomber killer....If you disagree with me on that you don't know what you' re talking about...sorry. Same thing with the conversation a few months back about K4 vs Spit 16....some people said the K4 was better...Sorry again you're wrong not a single K4 stick will beat a ghost of themselves in a Spit 16 because the advantages a K4 does have aren't enough in a straight up fight.....Same goes with a KI84(Can a K4 just run....yes but that's not fighting and the other aircraft doesn't die)

Now if you said something like Spit 14 vs K4....or K4 vs P38J(in air vs air fight)...or 190A5 vs 152...or D11 vs 152...KI84 vs Spit 9/8...ect ect ect
Then you can start bringing opinion into the matter but certain things like A8 vs mossy in a bomber attack role...A8 is hands down better, anyone who thinks otherwise just doesn't know what their talking about because of ignorance.

I will say this...as far as Fighter vs fighter arguments in regards to their ability against another aircraft....you have to have thousands of duels recorded like some of us have(Few of those guys left<looks around where did all the fighters go> :uhoh) for me to take you serious...Bozon is one of those people especially when it comes to the Mossy.

DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2017, 12:43:32 AM »
 the dora should have the same value as the p51d

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2017, 05:09:54 AM »
In the bomber killer role it's a matter of ordnance on the A8.

Lets say you're out to fight at medium alt Spits in a melee arena, and a bomber set show up- B17s..

You are equipped with 2*20mm and 2*13 mm 50% fuel to stand any chance against those pesky spits.

You HO and kill the mid bomber in the set, and then you have to be lucky to get a second before you have to fly home with half a wing ( if the bomber gunners are good).

Flying  at altitude with a 2*30mm 2*20mm 2*13mm and a pair of anti-air rockets is a whole different ballgame.

Flying in a Mossie you enjoy the advantage of 4 Hispanoes 4 nuisance mg's and suffer from a fragile pilot.

I DO know what I'm talking about, no-one else have the accumulated number of sorties in the A8 last 8 years I have.

Not a matter of thinking in this case....A8 is a better bomber killer....If you disagree with me on that you don't know what you' re talking about...sorry. Same thing with the conversation a few months back about K4 vs Spit 16....some people said the K4 was better...Sorry again you're wrong not a single K4 stick will beat a ghost of themselves in a Spit 16 because the advantages a K4 does have aren't enough in a straight up fight.....Same goes with a KI84(Can a K4 just run....yes but that's not fighting and the other aircraft doesn't die)

Now if you said something like Spit 14 vs K4....or K4 vs P38J(in air vs air fight)...or 190A5 vs 152...or D11 vs 152...KI84 vs Spit 9/8...ect ect ect
Then you can start bringing opinion into the matter but certain things like A8 vs mossy in a bomber attack role...A8 is hands down better, anyone who thinks otherwise just doesn't know what their talking about because of ignorance.
<Snip>

-Caldera