Author Topic: vr hts vive and oculous question  (Read 3139 times)

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
Re: vr hts vive and oculous question
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2017, 10:44:43 AM »
What device(s) are you looking to get supported?

3D televisions are a dead end technology.

Had an old HMD that had stereoscopic 3d.

*sigh* Well, I guess if its dead end its dead end. Will have to save up for a proper VR set!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 10:48:26 AM by AAIK »

Offline Los18z

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2017, 05:16:13 PM »
My friend and I built identical machines back in August to run vr, he bought a rift, I bought a vive. We have each tried each others rigs and multiple occasions. Both are great experiences and particularly for Aces High III perform great. Rift is cheaper,but  the Vive has room scale gaming which is awesome (Wife approval was immediate). I fly DCS as well and same thing there.

Los

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2017, 08:53:30 AM »
"if you have the power to run it and spend the time setting it up, I prefer the Vive."

This statement is kind of useless unless you tell us why you prefer the Vive to Oculus.  Based on everything I have ever read, not only is Oculus better supported with Aces High, but it is better with cockpit environments altogether in numerous ways.  So to claim that you feel the Vive is better would require some supporting details.
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2017, 12:27:17 PM »
"I prefer the Vive."

With the  vive passthrough camera I can see where my beer is setting............

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline Heater

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2017, 07:01:45 AM »
"if you have the power to run it and spend the time setting it up, I prefer the Vive."

This statement is kind of useless unless you tell us why you prefer the Vive to Oculus.  Based on everything I have ever read, not only is Oculus better supported with Aces High, but it is better with cockpit environments altogether in numerous ways.  So to claim that you feel the Vive is better would require some supporting details.
As I stated I prefer the VIVE it's personal preference :) and Both are quite well supported in Aces High, out of the box the Oculus is plug and pray,  where as the VIVE requires you to set it up, and play around with the settings both in Steam VR and the game (Latest version of SteamVR (beta) Now has most of the settings in the settings in place of editing the .xml files. which makes it a bit easier.

HiTech is a DWEEB-PUTZ!
I have multiple personalities and none of them like you !!!