Author Topic: Returning to your plane in the air after a game freeze  (Read 845 times)

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
Returning to your plane in the air after a game freeze
« on: January 29, 2017, 07:43:51 PM »
Returning to your plane in the air after a game freeze - Why oh why is it when return to our plane after a game freeze does the plane have 0 WEP ?

I can't tell you how frustrating it is when you take off. You haven't touched the wep. Your maybe half way to your target and a game freeze sets in. You hustle through the process to reboot the game, you finally are placed back in flight. You look back and a p-51 has zeroed in on you. Its one of those Oh-Sh_t moments. You push the nose down and hit the wep. You have wep for 5 seconds the P-51 roars up your ask and you find yourself diving into the planet with a face plant.
My question is why is it you lose your wep in this situation.......when you weren't even using it!! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
Can't this be changed?  :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Returning to your plane in the air after a game freeze
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 07:59:22 PM »
No, it is this way for a reason.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 08:26:39 PM »
No, it is this way for a reason.

What reason? I have never heard HTC comment on the matter.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline mutha

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 08:43:25 PM »

I believe it's so that people don't purposely disconnect when they're about to get their tail waxed, then log back on.

Mutha

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 08:44:45 PM »

This is from 2014, but it still may still hold true.

There is no "RULE" about no wep, the host simply has no idea how much wep you have used. Hence to fix the issue of discoing to get wep back, we chose to have no wep after disco.

HiTech
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 08:47:53 PM by BowHTR »
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 08:53:51 PM »
This is from 2014, but it still may still hold true.

Ok. Thanks.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 09:12:50 PM »
Returning to your plane in the air after a game freeze - Why oh why is it when return to our plane after a game freeze does the plane have 0 WEP ?

I can't tell you how frustrating it is when you take off. You haven't touched the wep. Your maybe half way to your target and a game freeze sets in. You hustle through the process to reboot the game, you finally are placed back in flight. You look back and a p-51 has zeroed in on you. Its one of those Oh-Sh_t moments. You push the nose down and hit the wep. You have wep for 5 seconds the P-51 roars up your ask and you find yourself diving into the planet with a face plant.
My question is why is it you lose your wep in this situation.......when you weren't even using it!! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
Can't this be changed?  :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead

The choice is to either return from a boot/game freeze, to your plane with no WEP, or return in the tower where you get to start all over WITH WEP.

:devil  You can choose any time you get dumped.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 09:49:21 PM »
If the host is keeping your spot, it knows you have d/c, so why not remove WEP for the time that you were gone, not all of it.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2017, 09:55:15 PM »
If the host is keeping your spot, it knows you have d/c, so why not remove WEP for the time that you were gone, not all of it.

Agreed.
It would seem if the game can remember how much fuel and ammo you had at the time of disco, it should know how much
WEP you had as well.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 05:55:08 AM »
And to think I was just happy when I came back that I was able to get back into my plane. Used to not be that way.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 08:58:33 AM »
I believe it's so that people don't purposely disconnect when they're about to get their tail waxed, then log back on.

Your plane will fly in a straight line and considerably slow down when you disconnect and the 'AI' takes over....
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 09:24:25 AM »
The host does not have any information on wep.

HiTech

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2017, 06:50:26 PM »
I always thought a good host took care of all the incidentals like that.  But can't the host be programmed for the WEP?

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 09:23:06 AM »

Just more coats for the host to pile on a bed and keep track of...

I suspect there are some really good host/client reasons... The squirrels have cameras... :noid
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life