Author Topic: Buzzsaw Map - Yes or No?  (Read 1912 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: Buzzsaw Map - Yes or No?
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2017, 09:57:14 AM »
I like it but it could use some more creative PT boat spawns.

Really......every map could benefit from more pt spawns and shore batteries.

+1

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2017, 11:49:49 AM »
Worst. Map. Ever.

Sorry.

The way the terrain map is, the galaxy spiral is cool. But the bases need to be completely relocated. The outside of the map is terrible. The hills need to be lowered. The base alts need to be lowered.

It was on Friday night and there were no really great fights on the map. The entire thing needs to be redone or scrapped.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2017, 12:33:41 PM »
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 12:36:21 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2017, 12:51:11 PM »
Worst. Map. Ever.

Sorry.

The way the terrain map is, the galaxy spiral is cool. But the bases need to be completely relocated. The outside of the map is terrible. The hills need to be lowered. The base alts need to be lowered.

It was on Friday night and there were no really great fights on the map. The entire thing needs to be redone or scrapped.
There was a good fight at A86, problem in my mind is the fronts of the map.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2017, 01:13:23 PM »
You never know, we could be testing it to be the free arena now that there is a "Free" tab.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2017, 01:33:21 PM »
Someone should post a picture of Montis during prime time and see the difference in fight activity. You have 3 or 4 fights going on for all 3 sides.

I agree junky, front distance is crucial to fight development.  For example, The heart shaped map, the SE front is like a sector and a half away! It takes 30 minutes just to get the squad there. The best way to attack the the next base is from the CV. Therefore there is little action on that side. For the teams that have it. The rest of the map is great. Albeit, I wish the outside bases were a little closer.

The Baltic map that Bruv said, I think it was the one where 43, 42, 45, and all those bases right there? It was a fun map and that area created awesome fights. But, the SW part of the map was too far apart. The front's bases were too far away. There were "some" fights over there, but it was mostly high alt, BnZ activity with 30 min+ flights.

The pig face map, had terrible fronts, that's why it was so hard to win. I'm SOOOO happy that map is gone.

Bustr, I think making the DA and TA free is a better option. I think ther could be a lot done to that map to make it a more enjoyable experience. The new H2H match ups is a great new addition! That's a great start!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2017, 01:36:15 PM »
You never know, we could be testing it to be the free arena now that there is a "Free" tab.

The "free" tab is the player made custom arenas. If a paying player makes an arena NON paying players can enter and use them. So if starting an arena you can choose any of the maps available. I dont think "buzzsaw" would be at the top of anyones list when starting a custom/free arena.

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2017, 01:50:35 PM »
I prefer more realism, but the bottom line for me is different maps tend toward different situations/challenges as other have posted, overall I've enjoyed it and like it.

Also, thanks to all those that create scenarios, maps, skins, etc to add to the game!   :aok

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2017, 07:20:38 PM »
Is there an altitude record for gv?

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2017, 07:38:29 PM »
I have been very high in one before.....
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2017, 07:50:37 PM »
Is there an altitude record for gv?

Wasytin once wiped out a furball while in a wirbel at 10,000ft on the side of a mountain.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2017, 09:52:31 PM »
I love this map, tied with Crater for my favorite. It reduces the time it takes to get to a target or a fight, and gives you opportunities for all sorts of different game play experiences. It seems like players who fly mostly fighters are the ones who primarily dislike it.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2017, 09:54:08 PM »
I love this map, tied with Crater for my favorite. It reduces the time it takes to get to a target or a fight, and gives you opportunities for all sorts of different game play experiences. It seems like players who fly mostly fighters are the ones who primarily dislike it.

Imagine that in a game called ACES HIGH.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2017, 09:57:49 PM »

Imagine that in a game called ACES HIGH.

No matter what it's called, the game appeals to different people for different reasons. I love the strategy aspect of the game, and bombers and GVs are essential in that regard.  If you're playing mostly to find and duel other fighter pilots, more power to you. But if that's all there was to AH, you'd have a much smaller pool of people from whom to find a fight.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 10:02:32 PM by molybdenum »

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2017, 10:32:00 PM »
That's probably because they are the ones most effected by map layout in general....Only so much you can do with GV spawns, personally Crater was ruined when it transitioned to AH3 because of the center GV fight, The Bomber guys aren't effected with the alt that much because they too have high alt bases....they are probably more worried about the strats having GV spawns into them which gives them one less target.

No matter what it's called, the game appeals to different people for different reasons. I love the strategy aspect of the game, and bombers and GVs are essential in that regard.  If you're playing mostly to find and duel other fighter pilots, more power to you. But if that's all there was to AH, you'd have a much smaller pool of people from whom to find a fight.
That would be true but I'd like you to point out how many furball squads are still active compared to base take squads....my point, a lot...MOST, of the fighter jocks already left.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"