Author Topic: Buzzsaw Map - Yes or No?  (Read 1907 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Buzzsaw Map - Yes or No?
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2017, 01:47:48 PM »
This terrain wouldn't be so bad if the highest elevations in the center were 3-4k and all the other elevations proportionally lowered and some of the water ways widened another 2 miles. If anything this map as is needs a hoard to accomplish anything if you don't own the center, and players dislike it so much that's about a one night possibility while it is in rotation. Once the fighter guys get fed up and log, not a lot going on unless you want to bomb**** tanks at strats. Even tanks look like they are avoiding each other to shell strat or feilds from those conveniently high spawn point overlooking airfields.

If it was an average like\dislike terrain, players would respond as usual, hold their noses, and work as small groups to accomplish things like they do on the other terrains with elevations that make sense. This terrain thins out quickly in the evening which should say something about how it enhances the overall game's image. I keep expecting to see a CM fly by in a mario bro's ride throwing wrenches at us and power ups start floating around.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2017, 05:13:51 PM »
This terrain wouldn't be so bad if the highest elevations in the center were 3-4k and all the other elevations proportionally lowered and some of the water ways widened another 2 miles. If anything this map as is needs a hoard to accomplish anything if you don't own the center, and players dislike it so much that's about a one night possibility while it is in rotation. Once the fighter guys get fed up and log, not a lot going on unless you want to bomb**** tanks at strats. Even tanks look like they are avoiding each other to shell strat or feilds from those conveniently high spawn point overlooking airfields.

If it was an average like\dislike terrain, players would respond as usual, hold their noses, and work as small groups to accomplish things like they do on the other terrains with elevations that make sense. This terrain thins out quickly in the evening which should say something about how it enhances the overall game's image. I keep expecting to see a CM fly by in a mario bro's ride throwing wrenches at us and power ups start floating around.

Only thing it's good for is vulching AC with tanks from 4K w/a t34/76

Chuikov

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2017, 05:46:10 PM »

I wonder if that's something that Lusche would have, for a comparison based on 8:00 Central US for example.  The maps that rank the highest numbers of players in descending order
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2017, 07:15:27 PM »
Had fun on it yesterday, but I only fly a fighter.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2017, 03:09:07 AM »
I wonder if that's something that Lusche would have, for a comparison based on 8:00 Central US for example.  The maps that rank the highest numbers of players in descending order

For that, someone had to log in each day at 8:00 Central US and record map name and numbers. And to get enough data, I'd say he would have to do that for months.

Any volunteers? ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman