Author Topic: Revamped Free Trial  (Read 2359 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Re: Revamped Free Trial
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2017, 02:18:20 PM »
There cannot be two instances of the same login active at the same time.

If one person is paying for a subscription, the only way his 15 friends could join him, would be if they each had an account.

So the two weekers can't play in a free arena after the two weeks?
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2017, 09:54:12 PM »

From the way I understand it, there are accounts and there are subscription accounts. A subscription account must make the custom arena, then the free accounts may join that custom arena. The 2 weeks only applies to accounts that don't have subscriptions to the Melee Arena.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2017, 10:04:40 PM »
OK and a goup of gamming teens are worried about the TOS, how could it be enforced?  I know a few guys that play on an account and their  son plays on it also. It's against the TOS, right?

Pretty easily actually. IP 1 from Texas signs on and plays the game then signs off. A hour later IP 2 signs on from Virginia and plays. Flag is sent to HTC due to the time frame between logins associated with the IP address. IP 2 is still logged in and IP 3 attempts to login from California. Flag is again sent to HTC for multiple IPs trying to connect to the account at the same time. If this was being abused between 5-10 people, over time there will be enough information to conclude that the account was being shared.

This is just one simple way, of the many, that it could be done.

Keep in mind that HTC reserves the right to terminate any account at any time. It's up to the account holder read the TOS. After all, they are agreeing to it when they sign up.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 10:07:31 PM by BowHTR »

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2017, 08:18:19 AM »
Pretty easily actually. IP 1 from Texas signs on and plays the game then signs off. A hour later IP 2 signs on from Virginia and plays. Flag is sent to HTC due to the time frame between logins associated with the IP address. IP 2 is still logged in and IP 3 attempts to login from California. Flag is again sent to HTC for multiple IPs trying to connect to the account at the same time. If this was being abused between 5-10 people, over time there will be enough information to conclude that the account was being shared.

This is just one simple way, of the many, that it could be done.

Keep in mind that HTC reserves the right to terminate any account at any time. It's up to the account holder read the TOS. After all, they are agreeing to it when they sign up.

Only one person signs on with the paying account all others are free two weekers that now as I understand it can play for free in a subscripters free arena.   Besides I played for years while traveling for my business, different cities each week.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2017, 08:39:38 AM »

Did not say that at all.

How hard is this to understand?

Anyone can play in any arena, under the "Free" tab, for as long as they want, with, or without a subscription.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2017, 10:01:16 AM »
Free stuff is cool for showing someone the game or for getting players who used to play back to it.

30 day free trial is almost a must these days....check Steam for subscription games, most (which there are very few now) have a 30 day trial period.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2017, 11:42:31 AM »
Only one person signs on with the paying account all others are free two weekers that now as I understand it can play for free in a subscripters free arena.   Besides I played for years while traveling for my business, different cities each week.

I answered your question regarding the enforcement of the TOS with a very easy to understand example and you still don't understand. Nothing about how the "Free" tab works is complex in any way to understand, as many have provided their input, including Skuzzy.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2017, 11:53:23 AM »

Very hard when there is no Aces High documentation that explains how the arenas will work.   Haven't seen anything on the HTC web page and the doucmentation is not even accurate for Aces High 2.  That's why it's hard to understand.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2017, 02:05:44 PM »
OK and a goup of gamming teens are worried about the TOS, how could it be enforced?  I know a few guys that play on an account and their  son plays on it also. It's against the TOS, right?

Letter of the law vs. spirit.  Hitech is not going to grief you over letting your son use your account.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2017, 02:20:48 PM »
Did not say that at all.

Anyone can play in any arena, under the "Free" tab, for as long as they want, with, or without a subscription.

Where the confusion may be entering:

If I tell my neighbor's kid he can play in a free arena at AH3, how does he accomplish this?

Does he download the game then go online and create the two week account, then access the free tab. And the two week account he created, at the end of the two weeks stays permanent as his login account to get to the free tab? Or has this process been changed and there is now a third account type completely new people see for the first time to choose from? 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2017, 03:24:08 PM »
Where the confusion may be entering:

If I tell my neighbor's kid he can play in a free arena at AH3, how does he accomplish this?

Does he download the game then go online and create the two week account, then access the free tab. And the two week account he created, at the end of the two weeks stays permanent as his login account to get to the free tab? Or has this process been changed and there is now a third account type completely new people see for the first time to choose from?

Yes he can continue to access the free tab. Im not sure, but I would think the 2 week trial doesn't start counting down until he logs into one of the pay arenas.... TA, WWI, Special, AvA, or the Main, but not sure of that.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2017, 05:19:43 PM »
Any account, paid subscriber or not, can now "go online" to the arena selection screen. You will just get an error message if you click on the Melee Arena when you are not a subscriber or a "2weeker".
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2017, 10:04:13 AM »
Very hard when there is no Aces High documentation that explains how the arenas will work.   Haven't seen anything on the HTC web page and the doucmentation is not even accurate for Aces High 2.  That's why it's hard to understand.

What do I have to document in order for the following statement to be understood?  We are talking in the context of this discussion.

I asked the question:

"How hard is this to understand?" (this being the statement I immediately made after the question)

So, what about that is still not clear?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 10:05:52 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2017, 11:08:58 AM »
What do I have to document in order for the following statement to be understood?  We are talking in the context of this discussion.

I asked the question:

"How hard is this to understand?" (this being the statement I immediately made after the question)

So, what about that is still not clear?

that's today's offical version, thanks for that info, but that is not what many first understood, there was something about subscriber created arenas only being active as long as the creator was in the arena.  That was just another version of the many I've read here and elsewhere on the net.  Lacking any offical formal correct documentation from HTC it's not easy to know exactaly what is happening.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 11:10:49 AM by Traveler »
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2017, 11:53:19 AM »
that's today's offical version, thanks for that info, but that is not what many first understood, there was something about subscriber created arenas only being active as long as the creator was in the arena.  That was just another version of the many I've read here and elsewhere on the net.  Lacking any offical formal correct documentation from HTC it's not easy to know exactaly what is happening.

Go into the arena selection screen and press help.

HiTech